Let's Help the Manatees! : Forum : Manatee Questions

[reply] [quote]

Manatee Questions

10 Years Ago

Please answer the following questions:  1. Do you think the problem with the manatee population in Florida is important, or do you feel there are other issues that require more of our attention? 2. How do you feel about manatee abuse from tourists in Florida? Please watch the following video that is not the best but all I could really find:                                     What would you do if you were a tourist in Kings Bay, Florida, visiting Manatees? 4.What are ways that you can help the Manatees?
[reply] [quote]

Re: Manatee Questions

10 Years Ago

1. Well, yes. I mean, go ahead and call me on it if you think I am being biased since I live in Florida, of course there are other issues and they are considered more important, but if we don't deal with the manatee issue soon the whole species could get wiped out because of careless humans. 

2. sorry the video didn't load on my computer, but I know first hand the way they are treated. This makes me feel angry and spurred towards action.  

3. Honestly, I wouldn't go on the water with any kind of boat with propellers, Follow all safety regulations, Use safe nets and pull them back each time, and spread the word to the other tourists. 

4. Get the word out, manatees are being harmed and abused. The best way to treat this situation is to inform people on the subject and create stricter laws to protect the manatees.