Lights in the Dark : Forum : Welcome

Welcome

9 Years Ago

Welcome to everyone who joins. For those of you who don't know me,  my name is Kent Clark. I'm 19 years old, live with my girlfriend and dream of becoming a published author with her. I also have PTSD, or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. That is what this group is for. This group is a place for people who have the same condition, other conditions of equal severity, or who just need to talk about hard things in their lives. I know how hard it is to trust someone else with the knowledge of these difficult problems, believe me I do. I was torn between staying silent or making this page for almost a year! But, now that I've made it, I want everyone to know that this is a group where you will not be judged, degraded, ridiculed or otherwise negatively comment to. This place is for us to just talk about our issues. I started this page because I have come to the realization that if we remain silent and keep our problems to ourselves, then things will either stay the same, or get progressively worse. I, sadly, realized this through personal experience. So, please, if you want to tell me and whoever else joins about your problems here and now, you can do so. If you wish to remain silent for now, I understand and so will everyone else, but it will be extremely helpful to you if you talk to us at some point. Like i said, silently bottling it up only worsens the problem, and remember that you won't be judged here. Everyone who joins, knows your pain and will be there for you. Even if they aren't, I am. We will be each other's lights in the darkness. And, to make things more comfortable, to introduce yourself here, all you have to do is say your name and a little about yourself. The heavy stuff can wait until the next thread. Right now, i want everyone to get comfortable here. So, introduce yourselves, talk a little and get comfortable, because that's what really counts! ;)

Re: Welcome

9 Years Ago

Hello,

I also suffer from a form of PTSD, Social and General Anxiety disorders and Borderline Personality... among possibly other preferably undiagnosed things. I also have fibromyalgia and/or chronic fatigue syndrome -- so I have a lot of time on my hands as I can't work other than freelancing when I'm feeling well enough. I was well on my way towards starting a career I was passionate about {im a licensed hair and makeup artist, as well as skin care} when all of this crushed me in my tracks. I've always written, since I was a kid, and I wrote frequently again when I lost my older sister to a tragedy, so naturally I'll be writing and revising my old stuff a lot more with my new free time. 

I am here for anyone who needs an ear. Feel free to read my pieces, although I will say they could be triggering as they deal with anxiety/depression/pain and loss. But it could be helpful as well to know there are others out there. I tend to be very descriptive with my writing, using a lot of metaphors. It could be helpful to see things in different perspectives.

Kay

9 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm so sorry so much tragedy has befallen you. You have my personal condolences and respect. I'd also like to thank you for volunteering to talk with others about this. I know that it can be difficult to share these things, so I also commend you on your bravery, openness, and honesty. I'm sure it means a lot to everyone here, as it sure means a lot to me. And, the same offer you made, I make to you. Anytime you need an ear, I'll listen. And we here at the Lights in the Dark group will be here for you too. 

9 Years Ago

I'm not the best at relaying my thoughts and feelings or expressing my thoughts but I think I make do. I used to be really good at doing it all in an artistic way but I've lost that part of me and I'm having to relearn it all. When I joined this group it was just a day or so after I wrote something for the first time after coming out of a non-descript head fog. It was the first thing I posted in the group and it was how I made sense of the nonsensical way I was feeling. And I just posted a story from a special person that stuck with me and helped pull me out of said head fog. I'm hoping that it can help anyone else who needs a different perspective on life. 

I also have a sort of thought disorder so if I type continuously for too long my thoughts just turn to mush and I leave people wondering what the heck I'm talking about so if this post is like that I apologize for the mess. I'm getting better. I usually lost it after one or two sentences at a time. I still have a long way to go though. Have to exercise my brain is all.

The reason I'm mentioning this is both as an introduction and to say that I sometimes use the words of someone else to express my own thoughts since like I said mine have trouble coming out at the moment.

9 Years Ago

And that is perfectly fine, Kaiju. Thank you for sharing. And the works that you've posted are very helpful and much appreciated :) And don't be afraid to say anything else, alright? We're all here for you, and, no matter how it looks, we'll understand what you're trying to say ;)