Midnight Musings : Forum : NaNoWriMo 2013 Word Count and ..

NaNoWriMo 2013 Word Count and Encouragement

10 Years Ago

Just getting ready for NaNo and November. :)

Re: NaNoWriMo 2013 Word Count and Encouragement

10 Years Ago

Me too!  

I always forget about Thanksgiving, as we don't have it, although we get nearly everything American now - it's very strange.  For example, today is Halloween.  It didn't exist in Britain when I was a child, but is now full on pumpkins and trick or treat everywhere.  So, happy halloween!

10 Years Ago

Yes... we are big on Halloween here in the US... sending our children out to forage for candy for us to enjoy once they are asleep in bed... tuckered out from walking door to door all night. *grins*

Do you get actual trick or treaters at the door, hoping for candy?

Midnight tonight starts NaNoWriMo here.  Hoping I can stay up long enough to at least write a paragraph.  That way I can officially say that I've started. :)

How is it going for you?  Lots of words already?

10 Years Ago

We have a bit of trick or treat, but it doesn't really have a tradition here, so it's a bit random.

So, words.... before today I had done another 4,229 on this book, making 9229 before Nano started.  I've just done 2177, which is my first day's total (unless I get any done tonight), which makes 11406 on this draft.

Really hoping that your first day goes well and looking forward to seeing your word count - now going to enter my wordage into the official nano thing - exciting.

10 Years Ago

I just went to my "buddies" list on NaNoWriMo site and saw your word bar has a bit of blue coloring in it!  How exciting to have so many words in the book already, but also to still be rolling now that NaNo is official!

Hope to get in some writing tonight.  I tried to stay up until midnight last night, but I was just too tired.  Work up just after midnight with my laptop in my lap and not a stitch of words on the page.  :)

10 Years Ago

So... I clicked on one of the Amazon sponsor ads on the NaNoWriMo site and was linked to information on publishing your novel after finishing NaNo.  That isn't why I'm typing right now though... there is a picture of Grant Faulkner on the page.  I still think it is so fun/weird that he was in OUR cabin for Camp NaNo!

10 Years Ago

I've had such a hard time getting started on my story!  I actually have started a different one then I planned today because I just couldn't seem to get the motivation and inspiration for continuing on with the story I started during Camp NaNo.

So... my total word count for November so far is 1,213.  All from today, which is the good part I guess.

10 Years Ago

Really good to see your word count getting started and impressed with your numbers - especially for starting a new story.  Is it something you've been planning for a while, or has it just come to you out of the blue?

I managed to get a couple of hours away from the house in Starbucks (nothing changes the world over) this morning.  I did 2122 words - am hoping to do some more later, but wretched internet has broken at home (catastrophe) and might not be able to record it till I get to work in the morning.

Looking forward to seeing your next word count.....

10 Years Ago

Forgot to say that I followed the link to Grant and it was very funny.  I wonder if he is writing this month ....

10 Years Ago

I have three vague ideas for short stories and decided to give one of them a go.  I have no real idea how long it will be and not outline of any kind.  Not even sure how I'm going to end it or where I hope for it to end up... but I did get in another 919 words tonight.  

That brings my total to 2,132 for the month. :)

I was wondering if he was writing this month too. :)

Saw your word count on NaNo was at 4,299!  Way to go, girlie!  What a great start.  Sorry to hear that your internet is wonky at home.  Hope that is fixed for you soon.  Although no internet might help me write more... less distractions.

Check in with you again soon.

10 Years Ago

Wrote for a bit tonight too.  Glad to be on a little roll here.  Hope to keep it up. :)

1,153 new words tonight, so my total for NaNo is now 3,285.  Wasn't expecting as much tonight, but my eyes are tired and I need to get to bed. It is after midnight here. 

10 Years Ago

Good morning - the lack of internet at home (fingers crossed being mended tomorrow) means that I can only update word count and post here when I am at work at the moment, and I didn't get chance yesterday.  I am not sure how many I've done since I last posted, but my nano total is now 7338, so I've been pressing on (thought not as speedily as I'd hoped of course).

I'm very impressed with how much you've done Bailey - much more than at the beginning of Camp I think (unless I am not remembering correctly).

Random question - if you have had snow on the ground, does that mean autumn is already over for you?  Most of our trees still have leaves on (yellowy ones) and it's more stormy than actually cold.

10 Years Ago

Sorry to hear the internet is still down for you, but great word count...
Go Genb!, Go Genb!, Go Genb!, Go Genb!, Go Genb!, Go Genb!, Go Genb!
... sorry, just me cheering. :)

Yes... I've gotten a much better start than my Camp start, but then again it isn't a holiday and trying to sell my house... oh, and our summer.

Hope that I can maintain a forward momentum at least until our holiday, which is in the last week of the month.

The snow we had didn't stick, although they are calling for more snow this week.  Hoping none of it sticks either.  We still have leaves to rake and only half of the leaves have fallen.

10 Years Ago

I only wrote 166 words tonight... but I'm so tired that I'm going to call it quits for the night.

Hope is was a productive day for you. :)

10 Years Ago

Did better tonight.  914 words, but my eyes are telling me that I need to get some sleep.

Hope your internet is up again soon, if it isn't already.  Saw your word count tonight... almost 10,000.  Awesome!

:)

10 Years Ago

Word count ground to a halt when I was in London yesterday, which was a bit depressing after good start.  Just got back to Brighton and have decamped to Starbucks, current only source of internet!

Just checked your word count on the nano site - coming up for 5K - super impressive.  Loved your cheering 'GenB'.... it is inspiring me to get to it tonight, even though I am so tired my head is about to fall off.  Oh, just checked Shaviva and noticed she has made a start (563)... expect that we will suddenly see her word count shoot up by about a million words after just one writing session.

Okay.... will get to writing now - just wanted to check in after absence.  Let's keep going - come on us!

10 Years Ago

Hello again - struggling a bit with work and everything... but over the past two days, somehow I have managed to fit in 2341 words.  It's been tiny bit by tiny bit, so I am actually rather surprised.  I have a writing morning lined up tomorrow, so hoping to have more to report.

How are you getting one?

10 Years Ago

That would be a wonderful surprise!  Loved seeing you over the 10,000 word mark. :)

I wrote 40 words yesterday... I know that sounds really pathetic, but I think I'm catching a cold.  My eyes have been stinging a lot lately.  I went to bed thinking that maybe with a bit more sleep, today could be more productive.

I had today off because my husband had a day surgery/procedure.  We were home by about 10:30 am and I thought I'd take a short nap... my family woke me up at 3pm... didn't mean to sleep that long and I didn't believe them when they told me what time it was.  

Hoping the extra sleep means I can write later tonight... I guess we'll soon find out.  I'll pop back in later with a word count. :)

10 Years Ago

Well, I git a bit of a block in the writing... so I'm going to call it a night and get some sleep.  I did finally break the 5,000 word mark and am now sitting at 5,023 words total for NaNo.

Hope you are inspired and find some time over the weekend to write and I'll check in later.

10 Years Ago

Okay... so yesterday I did no words.  I instead read all that I'd written during Camp NaNo so that I could hopefully get back into that stories rhythm and break the writers block.

Seems to have worked, today I wrote 1,049 words and brought my NaNo total to 6,072.  Feeling good about it and have an idea or two for some upcoming scenes... so... optimistic at the moment.

Hope your weekend was productive.  I'm guessing your internet is still down at home.  Is that something that is going to last for a while?  Hope not, for your sake.

Have a great Monday.

First Page first
Previous Page prev