Military Sweeties : Forum : BASICS PROJECT.

BASICS PROJECT.

13 Years Ago

As I've said, my boyfriend isn't off to basics yet, but I'm thinking ahead, and I know that one thing that I will have to do to keep sane while he is away is to keep myself as busy as possible. I have started writing a story that right now is called Basics Project and I'm using a lot of our real experiences to create a story about 2 lovers named Scott and... Idk my (I mean HER!) name yet. I know it will let me focus on Tim (that lovely boyfriend of mine) in a healthy way and deal with my loneliness, all the while keeping my hands and mind busy.   What kinds of projects have you guys done to keep busy while your soldiers were away? What do you find most effective? Tell us about your projects. =)

Re: BASICS PROJECT.

13 Years Ago

I take up a new hobby almost every time my husband goes away LOL so far I think the only thing I've not tried is knitting or extreme sports LOL. Almost every crafty or home improvement project one can think of I've tried or done LOL.

13 Years Ago

Any disasters? Because I'm sure if I ever tried to take up cooking or the like, something would end up ON FIRE. haha

13 Years Ago

Well yeah LOL see I've been sewing by hand since I was 7 but this last time around I decided that it was time to take the machine DH bought me 2 Christmases ago out of the box and give it a shot... oh dear! LOL

13 Years Ago

Oh, I can't imagine that... I can't even THINK about a straight line, let alone sew one.