Military Sweeties : Forum : Who is it?

Who is it?

12 Years Ago

We are all here for a reason, and to put it truthfully, that reason is a person (one we love!) who answered a higher calling--to serve his/her country bravely and strongly. This group has nearly died over the past year, but I feel like now is as good a time as any to try to rejuvenate it.   SO TELL US: Who is your reason? Take this opportunity to brag on your husband, wife, son, daughter, cousin, father, mother, etc.! We want to hear about it.   I can provide you with this for starters: one of my dearest friends is serving in the U.S. Army and has been for going on a year. I think of him often, though we don't get to speak as much as I'd like and I appreciate him even more every time I take a day off from work or share moments with my family or lounge around in my pj's on a hot day.   A dearer friend is also serving in the U.S. Army and is currently stationed in Afghanistan. She posts lots of pictures to Facebook and LOVES to Skype her family, including her 4-year-old little boy. Every time I see him, I think about the sacrifices she makes and shoot up a quick little prayer for her. Our church sends her care packages every month to remind her that we care. Everyone in her company benefits. She is amazingly strong, and I admire her so much!   I would love to hear about your soldiers. I would like to see this group pick up! =)   KH