Nanowrimo : Forum : 25,000?

25,000?

17 Years Ago

Who's hit the halfway mark yet? I just did tonight, with my bloodshot eyes. And then I realized there's ten days left in this whole sh-bang. Good luck to y'all!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

::suprised:: Erikb, we must be about neck-and-neck I think!
I haven't posted my latest bit yet, 'cause I'm in the middle of a chapter, but I can see it's going to take me past the magic marker 25K when I post later on today.... ::biggrin::
My o/h is at a business conflab all day and my daughter has choir after school & Army Cadets tonight, so I expect to have a "purple passage" day - I'm aiming to do a MIN. 8000 words today, I'm at a part of my plot where a lot of things start to "pop" all at the same time so inspiration should be easy to come by...... ::cool::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

almost.... and yeah i also just realized theres only ten days left... i think 9 now. uhhh? we'll see what happens, i guess. ::suprised::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

ok i just did it! here's the paragraph:

K rubbed his skin, manipulating the loose skin underneath his eyes. He pulled at the deep crevice that had formed in between his eyes. His skin wasn�t the lustrous, childlike skin he had once taken for granted. Now, it was grayish and dull. He felt as though he was looking at someone he had never met before, someone whose appearance absolutely disgusted him. He was an alien to himself, something that he had never considered before. What was he supposed to be, though? He couldn�t answer that. And there was no time now. They were waiting for him out there.

Yay!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

You guys rock. I suppose I could put down my big 25k paragraph.

He needed more time to think it over. He needed more time for a great many things. She can�t be put in the dirt, he concluded. She can�t rot away, that�s not in her nature. He remembered her as he had first seen her. She looked tired, yes, and a bit fragile, but he had never seen anyone so radiant in his life. All the women he had ever known, all that he thought he had loved, they couldn�t hold a bonfire to Evelyn. Maybe that�s why I loved her, he thought � maybe I love radiance.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Ah I love you all!! I'm almost there. Thanks for all of the inspiration!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

::biggrin:: ::suprised:: Wow, I pushed myself and found the 30K barrier was easy to push past!

My novel's a Political Thriller, and this is the para which took me past the 30K mark ....

"JRK said to me yesterday that the student vote has been largely ignored in the past, and if we can capture it we�re almost certain to gain the upper hand. Don�t forget� he added, �that Pam Baird�s 5000 majority was achieved on the strength of barely half the electorate turning out! We don�t have to do a lot to persuade a significant number of those who didn�t vote Labour in the last elections to put their cross in our corner of the ballot paper this time around! I say the students are well worth targeting: they�re the voters of the future, after all!�

Rock on, folks: I know EXACTLY what I'm going to write next! 5000+ per day is going to be a piece of cake .......

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I'm so far off the mark it's embarrassing...oh well there's always next year

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Half- way! But I don't think I have much more story to tell. So yea... this is a problem.

�I wish the world would look like this forever.� Connor said quietly as he leaned over the edge, staring at the water below. �If it could only look this way forever.�
Then in one swift motion, he kicked his legs over the side and plunged from the bridge. Down down down into the water. As I watched his body fall- getting smaller and smaller, my first thought was, �That silly boy- its gonna hurt when he hits that water� That was how my mind was functioning at that point. I thought he was jumping for leisure- cliff diving or bridge diving or something fun and risky and adventurous like that. But then I heard an animal like scream come from Mav.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

::sad:: Heh... I'm dead in the water...
Been too busy with family and the sort lately. Man. I have some revisions worth a few K, just need to add them in, and I know what I'm going to have next, it's just a matter of committing to the sit.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

i dont wanna do this anymore. ::sad::