Need Reviews? : Forum : How do you like your reviews?

How do you like your reviews?

14 Years Ago

Have you just started learning the writing game and would like some warm and encouraging words?

Have you been practicing with writing and would like some reviews on your work, thorough enough to show you your flaws but gentle enough to not ruin your self-confidence?

Are you an experienced and published writer able to spot flaws from the first sentence you red? Then you probably needn't be posting your work here for reviews but others will benefit, for sure, from your advice.

Whatever the case we are all here to learn, get better at this and help eachother. For some, though, a thorough review might do more harm than good, even if the reviwer shows all the errors and even the ways to correct them, and a beginner might lose much of his or her self-confidence. Other, on the other hand, might feel like they're wasting their time here if all they get is andless praise to their work and no constructive feedback.

Thus being said, it would be very helpful if each author would add a little comment on his work, stating "how bad" he wants it to be critiqued. Say, on a scale from 1 to 5, 1 being totaly mild and gently and 5 as rough as it can get :)

So howwould you like the reviews you're getting and what do you expect from them? 
Reply to this and add those comments to your work so I (and others willing to review your work) know how to react.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I guess I'm about a 4.5 on your scale.  I enjoy happy pats on the back as much as anyone, but improving my writing/story and getting primed for publishing is more important to me at this stage. Pointed and specific critique is welcome! Thank you! :)

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I'm about a 4 on your scale. I love getting positive feedback but I'm so much more grateful when they critique my work and give me something to work off of, even if it does lower my self-esteem.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I would say, on your scale, probably about a four. i love it when people praise me as much as anybody, but I find it far more important to improve my writing skills.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I believe that honesty is the best policy, I've been writing for quite some time, and I wish to improve greatly. If you could simply take notice of the good and bad qualities of my work, it would be greatly appreciated.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I think I'm about a three. Critisism definitely helps me keep writing but I also like to know what I did well or what the reader liked about a certain peice of writing.

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I'd prefer a tough review that makes me reevaluate my writing, so 4-5. Thanks for your help, Rosanna 

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

In response to your question, I like my reviews somewhere between 4 and 5. I can handle having my writing picked apart, but I prefer advice/criticism geared toward the development of the plot, characters, setting, etc. I put perfecting those elements before perfecting the grammar.

Hope that makes sense!

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hopefully I get some reviews this week!

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Huh, I guess I'm the first person to say they'd want an unequivocal 5.
Personally I'm not that interest in getting flattery, if something I write is good people can show it through the rating. I think the review should be reserved first and foremost for constructive criticism.