Novel Writers For Novel Writers : Forum : Hi

Hi

16 Years Ago

My name is Verdi. I didn't know if I should introduce myself or jump right in, so this is me jumping in! I haven't posted any of my writing here because I have it posted on another site, but I'll get something added soon. My genre is romance. I've only been trying to get my novel published for about 15 years now. I don't know how many edits and rewrites I've gone through. But after two rejections this year alone, I'm taking the knife to it again. I'll read pretty much anything (except horror). The gory slicing and dicing and zombies and all that gives me the heebie-jeebies. I can't do it (sorry). I'll also read poetry but I won't critique it (except for spelling errors). Other than the obligatory "I liked it" or "I didn't like it," I don't feel comfortable critiquing poetry. I'm pretty good with grammar and spelling and I usually catch verb tense changes, and I can usually pinpoint head hopping within scenes.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hey, welcome to the site. If you post some of you writing, i'll make sure to check it out. I've been trying to figure out how to get replies on the two chapters i've posted.