Novelists United! : Forum : Questions/Comments About Feedb..

Questions/Comments About Feedback

12 Years Ago

Alright, I guess we should create a thread where we take the reviews we've given each other and actually use them to our benefit. But, sometimes, one of us might want an example or further explanation about what has been left under our blocks of words. I'll be the first to start.

I thank you all very much for leaving criticisms on my Chapter 1 of Elyst, but now need to take your ideas of how to make something fair into something good. Most of you have mentioned that I could reorganize my first chapter to better fit the numerous explanations I was throwing in there. There was a suggestion about a prologue, however, I believe this would just be a boring stream of words and not a book someone will open and find too fascinating to put down. Obviously, I believe the structure to be rather fine since I posted it, but two of you do not. Throughout today, I've been going over the chapter, editing and re-posting it. It seems that there has been no improvement. If it could be possible for any of you to elaborate on how I might go about this, I warmly welcome it.

Since we are all here to receive reviews and, ultimately, have a polished piece by the end, I hope we will help each other and look forward to seeing other questions, like mine, asked.

Many thanks.

Re: Questions/Comments About Feedback

12 Years Ago

I'll have another look and go through it with a fine tooth comb for you. See if I can change your perspective on the novel. Just last night I pretty much wrote out the entire 3rd chapter of my novel, and then stopped and re-wrote it all over again and it came out better, but I think the reason behind that is because I'm writing in first person, so I'm literally forcing my entire self into my character and making myself believe that the world has actually come to an end.

12 Years Ago

Understood. Thank you.

12 Years Ago

I understand what you mean and a prologue may have not been the best option but there's always something you can change here in there and thats with any writing. Don't let your opinion trick yourself, it's hard to see what we need to fix in our own work. For example my book that I'm working on. It's originally hand written and i planned on having the first 6 chapters set and ready to go for posting in a matter of days, however thanks to the reviews on my first few posts, I have to make some changes to the plot first so that it's better for the reader. I'm not saying that your work needs a dramatic change or anything, it is a great piece of work. Just remeber to put yourself in the reader's shoes and ask yourself: do i understand this? Does t have enough this or that etc. Just look over it, I'm sure you'll figure a swell solution.