Novels & Short Stories : Forum : Suggestions please

Suggestions please

13 Years Ago

I would like some suggestions for organizing the chapters in my novel, "Burning Bridges".  At present I have over 30 chapters, most of them pretty short, and it just seems like way to many.  In printed form my book is only about 200 pages long (8"X11" single spaced with 12 point font).  I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could take the time to read it and give me feedback (both on organization and content). 

Re: Suggestions please

13 Years Ago

Can the book be found on your page?

13 Years Ago

Of Course I'll go check it out for you :)

13 Years Ago

Yeah...it's on my page it is "Burning Bridges" under books.

13 Years Ago

I think I may have posted a new topic by trying in vain to reply to this topic just a moment ago.  However, I did discover the error so that's progress.  I think.   I was trying to post that I'm not very internet savy, which is why I asked you where I could find the book.  I've only been on this site for a few days, so I haven't aquired the correct navigational skills to get around quite yet.  I didn't want you to think I was being rude or anything.    I will definitely go and check out your book.  I'm looking forward to it.   :)

13 Years Ago

Ill check it out!

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Patricia Gayle
I would like some suggestions for organizing the chapters in my novel, "Burning Bridges".  At present I have over 30 chapters, most of them pretty short, and it just seems like way to many.  In printed form my book is only about 200 pages long (8"X11" single spaced with 12 point font).  I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could take the time to read it and give me feedback (both on organization and content). 
According to Answers.com there are about 490 words on an 8.5x11 inch single spaces page, so you would have approximately 98,000 words. That would be around a 325 page paperback book (based on my own experience). 30 Chapters sounds fine.