Opinion Magazine (Poetry Club) : Forum : Your View: Is Prostitution goo..

[reply] [quote]

Your View: Is Prostitution good or bad?

16 Years Ago

What is your views on the oldest profession? Should it be legal, should it be banned?

In view of the Englsih prostitute murders, it seems to show that they dont stop sex attacks as the victims were prostitutes killed by one of their regual punters.

Without using religion, argue against or for!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My poem For Sale: A Soul and A Body Whole gives my viewpoint

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

What a complex subject, only because the same authorities that tame it only do it for control purposes. Sex sells and the government knows it, but its not going to legalize somoething that would make them look bad.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

hmm i dunnot this is kidna hard cuz i noe thers a lot of ppl who feel like thats the only way they can make money! and its spreads STD'S while also degrading women so ya i guess i think it should be illegal but everyone noes sex sells but its up to everyone to pick and choose wat there entertainment is!
~akaila~
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

just the fact that Prostitution is even up for discussion, proves what a controversial issue it still is.  i wonder, is it legal in Europe? the controversy there, does not seem to be over small legal matters like that.  i don't even think that for a woman to sell her body, is even worth writing about.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

EVERY BODY W****S

This life, this money, this puppetry
Everybody dangles from their tree.

"The Economy" could reduce you or me
through treachery to beggary

by their toxic bloodless usury.

From whence this power, this majesty,
to design both future and history?

I tell you it's old as dirt and dirty
these knaves' breed, their ancestry,

No good human has evolved a destiny
that can survive their thievery .

Through wars, murders, trickery
their sins are thick and slippery

as is their weaponry.

Why not caste the sale of the body
as the lawlessness of one who bought her?

T'was men who forged the professionality
to use THEIR ducats to buy a body.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm against it mostly for the way that it gives women such a bad image. We shouldn't have to sell ourselves to make money and it only gives some of us a sense of false power - if it doesn't kill our self-esteem and confidence by feeling so used afterwards.

Not to mention the STDs that it spreads. It's an epidemic that's only growing, any step against it can only help.

[reply] [quote]

Re: Your View: Is Prostitution good or bad?

11 Years Ago

Originally posted by Larissa G.
I'm against it mostly for the way that it gives women such a bad image. We shouldn't have to sell ourselves to make money and it only gives some of us a sense of false power - if it doesn't kill our self-esteem and confidence by feeling so used afterwards. Not to mention the STDs that it spreads. It's an epidemic that's only growing, any step against it can only help.

Larissa U know that prostatutes use protection right

[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Well if prositution is bad, people still do it. Murder is illegal but people still do it. Many things are "bad" by the norms of society. It deoends on what the person went through as a child. Even though they get payied, thaose short moments when they umm "work" may be the only time they feel loved. So it is both.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

I believe prostitution is neither good nor bad because it depends on peoples subjective experiences. Prostitution, being one of the oldest recorded professions, deserves to be regulated so that prostitutes can have rights. I believe regulating prostitution would save lives. Good or bad? I don't believe it is going away any time soon.