Our Goal: Make People Smile : Forum : Why aren't there more guys who..

[reply] [quote]

Why aren't there more guys who write love poems?

14 Years Ago

Why aren't there very many guys who write love poems these days? All the guys that I know who are glad to write them on this site. Is there any way we can train a guy to write exquisite love poems to win a girls heart? Are all girls' hearts won over by a guys attempt to write a love poem, even if it isn't all that good of one?
[reply] [quote]

Re: Why aren't there more guys who write love poems?

14 Years Ago

Famous guys write beautiful songs all the time, there HAS to be hope for just the average man to want to write a beautiful poem
[reply] [quote]

Re: Why aren't there more guys who write love poems?

14 Years Ago

I can only guess at why more men don't write more love poems.  I guess it is a few things, one is many guys have a difficult expressing how they really feel out fear that they will considered weak.  So men play the macho, tuff guy, bad boy roll thinking that this is what women want.  When I was younger women would say they wanted a more sensitive guy but all they dated were the insensitive.  So back in those days being a bad boy was better for me, now that I am older women say they want a more sensitive guy and they mean it. 

I also feel that when a guy really falls in love that door to love poetry is truly open and they can express it more freely and openly.  These are only guesses and I am sure their are many reasons and many men out here who do write from their heart.  I think for the ones who do, they write it because they feel it and they need to release it so they can breath again.  We write for ourselves about things that motivate us in life.