Paradigm Shift Ambassadors : Forum : Paradigm Shift

Paradigm Shift

10 Years Ago

Dear friends, 

With the changes that have been made to WC, I would like to propose a change in direction for our group. I feel that finding good writing and identifying talented writers has been at the center of our group. We have brought kindness and good will to those we have reviewed. In my assessment, our efforts have brought joy to our writers and good reading material to our reviewers. 

My proposal is simple: redirect our focus away from trying to get people into the popular writing section and popular writer section (now non existent). Secondly, make the center of our efforts the identification, review, and promotion of outstanding writing in a civil and constructive way as we have done thus far, while still using the flash mob reviewing model. 

Also, I would like to propose a name change for our group. Due to previous events on WC, and the historic connotation of the Illuminati, I think it would benefit us to change our name. The connotation of the name may leave others feeling as though we are elite, secretive, and bent on the disruption of social order. While I know that is not the case, I think that our purpose is more public: bringing the underground writers, the real gems, into the main stream so they can be enjoyed and appreciated. 

I greatly appreciate the work we have done, and it has been a pleasure to be with all of you in the effort to recognize good writing. I would like to be a part of this group and our efforts going forward. It's time for us to turn the page now that writers cafe has been amended. We can promote a system of positive reviews that puts real emphasis on constructive feedback and finding new writers. 

All my love and respect to you, my dear literary brothers and sisters. 

Peace and light, 

-Christian 

Re: Paradigm Shift

10 Years Ago

I agree. Everything is changing :) We need to continue to do good works.

10 Years Ago

Ok, I'm glad that you agree Emily :-) what do you think would be the best way to amend our mission statement? Also, any ideas for a new name?

10 Years Ago

Paradigm Shift hit me as a good name . . . the mission could read pretty much the same as you stated in your thread . . . promote, spread joy, support, etc.

10 Years Ago

You folks have been reading my mind. I have already been thinking of the changes you mention, and will implement them this weekend.  I went with "illuminati" to begin with, not because of its secretive connotations, but because of the Illumination theme... bringing light into dark spaces where it is needed. It was a continuation of something I had already begun doing on my FB site; the finding and promotion of good and under-appreciated writers.  I was also going to start a thread thanking everyone for the outpouring of kindness and generosity and constructive nature of the reviews given via this forum. I am told we made our last recipient's day so much brighter, and I see that all of our recipients have taken much away form the interactions with other writers.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.  And... I do like Paradigm Shift. Coming soon to a Cafe near you.  :-)

10 Years Ago

I'm digging it :-) I'm really glad to hear that we will continue our work! It's been a pleasure working with your guys on this. 

10 Years Ago

Group name changed and mission statement updated. Will be selecting a new work very soon. :-)