Philosophical Ideas : Forum : Is this all a dream?

Is this all a dream?

9 Years Ago

Sometimes I wonder if life is just a dream. If we have different families elsewhere, or lead different lives. I wonder sometimes if I'm dead and this is the place called Heaven. I wonder if all my friends are imaginary and that I'm really some useless nobody. I wonder if all my hardships in this "dream" are nothing like the ones in my real reality. I think about these things often and wonder if I'm crazy....

Re: Is this all a dream?

9 Years Ago

I sometimes think that too. But I think that everything we do is pre determined by God. I mean we have choices, but what if the side or decision we take is pre determined to?

9 Years Ago

That's some intereting thinking from both of you, CG I usually tend to think about that, that maybe this all a dream and we are just a simple thought from some other being and about the other, I don't really believe that, Because God gave us free will to make decide what ever we want even if its good or bad, we are the ones who have the free will to follow him

9 Years Ago

Very very true..... Im going to start another thread
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
s

8 Years Ago

I have wondered about this too. Personally I think there is no way of us knowing, as frustrating as that is. As Johnathan Webber said "all human knowledge is acquired from external sources by acts of cognition and therefore subject to human limitations of understanding." Personally, I think human capabilities are limited and so, if this were all a dream, we would be unaware. Just my opinion.