Poetry Prompt : Forum : Prompt Hat

Prompt Hat

17 Years Ago

Add a prompt idea to the prompt hat! Just reply to this thread with your idea.

Sample prompts include:

• Write a rondeau.
  • Use the following quote in a poem: "Every exit is an entry somewhere." - Tom Stoppard
  • Write a poem without using a single noun.
  • Use the word diaphanous in a poem.
    diaphanous dy-AF-uh-nuhs, adjective:
    1. Of such fine texture as to allow light to pass through; translucent or transparent.
    2. Vague; insubstantial.
  • Write about a loss.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Ok.. so I'm going to just jump in here and throw out a prompt. Please post a link to your reply to this and show us all what you've got!

Prompt#1: Write and acrostic style poem where the beginning is "I AM ______" with the blank being your first name. Finish the poem with a descriptive word about yourself that fits the whole of the poem. If you can't think of a descriptor, feel free to use a last name, nickname or anything else that makes sense.

Good luck!!! Can't wait to see the results.

Julie

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Prompt #2 : Write about the contents of a box that might have been left behind by previous tenants of your new house/apartment. What feelings are associated with the items? Why was it left behind? Who did it belong to?

Good luck!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

For prompt number 1

Prompt #3

17 Years Ago

I'm not as regular with the prompts here as I ought to be, but I'll try to keep up with them a bit better.

Prompt #3 :)

Write about a personal "Independence" day. Whether this is the day you finally moved out of your parents house (or what you think doing that might be like) or gaining freedom from some person, thing, place, etc...

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Thought I'd throw a few in a few quotes. Use these in a story or maybe as inspiration for a poem:
-"Stop thinking about how much you love him and start thinking about how much he hurts you."
-"He was pretty religious once."
-"Time out! Time out! We can call that, right?"
-"Gee, let me guess. You're not authorized to be in here, are you?"
-"Melba? Like the toast?"

Hope these help somehow. If you use them link back, cuz I'd be interested in reading what you came up with.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

For the "Stop thinking about how much you love him and start thinking about how much he hurts you" prompt. ::biggrin::

--Breez