Poets : Forum : On that Day

On that Day

10 Years Ago

On That  Day When tomorrow starts without me and I’m not there to see  For the sun will rise to find your eyes fill with tears for me For I wish you never cry As you did on that day. While thinking of all those many things that were said Still yet so many were not said nearly enough                          For, I have always known you loved me so As I will forever love you!  Daddy, for when tomorrow starts without me As for all I as please try and understand See today an angel came and called me by name As she took my hand It seems my place is ready for me in Heaven far above, For this is why I must leave All of whom I dearly love!  But, as I turned to walk away    From my eye a tear fell upon my cheek See I always thought I didn’t want to die  For I had so much to live for Yet  so much yet to do.  For it seemed almost impossible,  Daddy, That on this day I was leaving You! Now daddy, read these word carefully though I love you so,  For I must now go, see I’ve been called home to stay.  Dry you eye, don’t be sad see now daddy  For your baby girl will be now and forever safe So, please worry no more, See I will never truly be gone to far  For I’ll always watch from here in heaven up above  Now, always keep these words close and near  For there is no need for anymore tears  See Daddy, your baby girl will  Always and forever be  Here! “This was written for my dad from me As he is very special in my life And I wrote this when I had to tell him I was sick,  as there is no need for tears Nor now shall he have any fears  Because as his baby girl I’ll always be here..”  

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114