Popcorn Writing : Forum : A.D. 3027

A.D. 3027

11 Years Ago

I can remeber a time when the rivers ran freely, the trees were vibrant and bustling, and mankind still held a sense of hopeful purpose. That was a long time ago. Now all I see when I look around is a quiet dull plain of grey; an expanse of tired hungry souls who can barely bring themselves to get out of bed each day. The old trees haven't seen a single blossom in years. The lakes and rivers have just about dried up, and there is a constant feeling in the air that creates a panic in us all. I'm so damn tired of wearing this mask everyday of my life, and I'm not sure I can stand much more.

Re: A.D. 3027

11 Years Ago

As I walk through the grey streets, the familiar symphony of moans and cried accompanied him. A young child, no more than 4 years old, tugged at the hem of my jeans. I glanced down at his dirt smudged face, brown eyes hopefull. "please sir, can you spare a crumb?" he begged. "Anthony stop!" a young woman chastised the boy, rushing to the scene. Her dress was on rags, her dark hair loose and messy. She pulled the the child toward her. "I'm so sorry, sir. Please forgive my son...he's not yet learned his manors."

11 Years Ago

"Its alright," I said, stuffing my hands in my pocket. "I was wondering... Have you seen a woman about your height? She's been missing."

"Everyone's been missing lately. There's nothing we can do," she said, pulling her son away. I stared after them a moment before starting off again, towards the last place I saw her, The Playground.

11 Years Ago

A teenage girl barrels around a corner and into him. She yelps and tries to back up, but trips over the tattered hem of her to-large jeans, falling back onto the sidewalk. She scrambles backwards, eyes wide with fear. He looks down, surprised, "You okay?" She just looks up at him, terror on her face. "Hey, I'm not going to hurt you." "That's what they all say." She tells him "Right before they try and kill me. Or worse."

10 Years Ago

I took in the appearance of the girl: Tall, very slender with the pain of hunger, dark blond hair that fell in messy waves and suspicious green eyes. She clutched a ragged shawl around her arms and shivered.
"Listen," I said, trying to make my voice come out soft, "I won't hut you. Will you just let me get you some dinner."
The girl's stomach rumbled; the corners of her mouth quirked down in a mulling frown as she contemplated my offer. 

10 Years Ago

She shakes her head, her blonde hair flying wildly in all directions, then settles messily as she stops "That's how they got me last time." She says "I'm not falling for it again. I'm not going to tell them!" I see her try to get up, but she just falls back down. She grabs her ankle and I immediatly notice that it's swollen. "Who got you? Tell them what?" I ask. 

10 Years Ago

She scoffed a laugh and shook her head, trying to stand again. With a yelp, she stumbled; I barely caught her before she hit the ground.
"Ugh! Let go of me!" She shouted, struggling fiercely in my grasp. She was weak though, and after a moment slumped against my chest.
"Why can't you people just leave me and my daughter alone?" She begged in a small voice. 

10 Years Ago

He looks down at her, confused "Your daughter? Why are they after you and your daughter?" She just mumbles "They can't get us, not together, and I'm not going to let them find her, I can't, I won't!"

10 Years Ago

The girl narrows her eyes at me, analyzing my face. "Either you really aren't one of them...or you're a fantastic actor." She mumbled, shivering slightly.

10 Years Ago

"I'm not one of them, whoever they are." I assure her "But, will you let me help you?"