Project Horror Writer's Review : Forum : ANTHOLOGY!!!!

[reply] [quote]

ANTHOLOGY!!!!

15 Years Ago

Hello everyone,

It seems like everygroup on the cafe has someone putting out an anthology for it's members.  Well this group is not going to be any different, EXCEPT that I want this anthology to be a group thing.  I don't want to be the only one working on it/calling the shots.  That's where this thread comes in.  I want everyone to help out with this anthology.  What I want to see in this thread is:

1) Your ideas on what the anthology should be.  Should it have a theme?  Maybe haunted houses, supernatual stories, stories that leave the reader thinking "did that really happen or was it all in the main characters head" etc. etc.

2) I would love to get some help with artwork for the cover and to put into the book

3) anything you all can think of. 

So here is the place for brainstorming. So start storming away!!!!!

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Great idea, personally I prefer the "did that really happen..." scenario for stories about the occult or paranormal. 

How about a series of prompts, say one every couple of weeks, and then vote for the best story produced from that prompt.

For a working cover, I generally browse the many horror / Gothic web graphics pages, select a few then cut, paste and modify before Photoshopping them into a design.  It works as a basis for something I could present to a graphic designer for the published (if I should be so lucky) book.

Look forward to reading more details in this forum soon.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

problem with doing that with the graphics and pictures is that many of those are copyrighted and putting them on your cover can get you in some serious trouble!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

1.)  A collection of disturbing stories

2.)  Black and White picture of skeletal tree, with the limbs morphing into human and/or demonic limbs, with faces in the bark.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

While, I do enjoy a good "did it or didn't it really happen" tale, my fear is that in an anthology format, it might give all the stories the same flavor.  Personally, with themed anthos I like to see a very vague and general theme.   That way there is still a connective thread to give the book cohesiveness, but there is also room for the authors to play around with different styles and so on.

As for cover art, I think that should definately be dictated by the theme that is chosen (if there is one.  Whatever is decided, I'm pretty handy with Photoshop if I do say so myself and could create a cover that wouldn't infringe upon any copyrights.  If you'd like to see samples of my work just let me know.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

it sounds like a collection on disturbing and or horror stories will be good. So far, I have been trying to get some inspiration from several ghost and vampire stories, but nothing has come to my mind to write. I can offer, an Essay on the Canterville Ghost, but this is more of a comedy than a ghost story.

Anyway, I will continue my reading in the hopes of a better inspiration. I am also reading The Golden Bough, which talks about vodoo and some other interesting topics from an scientific and historical viewpoints.

I will be doing more research within the next week or so on these books.

chord0