Project Horror Writer's Review : Forum : PROJECT HORROR ZINE!

[reply] [quote]

PROJECT HORROR ZINE!

15 Years Ago

This is an idea I'm very excited about!  Please read and find out what's happening.

I decided instead of one large anthology to do a 'zine.  For those of you that don't know what a 'zine is, it's a small run magazine put out by people like you and me.  I feel that this is a really good way to bring this group together, by having several people working on the 'zine together, networking, and to give us something tangible to tie us together. So here's what this 'zine will entail and what I need from you all

THE ZINE:

1) Every couple of months there will be a contest with a theme for this group.  At that point everyone can submit work and possibly get published in this zine

2) The first issue may have to be web based (unfortunately), but if it goes to paper the winners of the contest will recieve a free copy.  The rest of you along with any friends or family members will be able to purchase a copy.  Most likely it won't be anymore than $3-4.

WHAT I NEED:

To keep costs down, or even make it free, I could really use some help with all of this.  Here's what I'm looking for.

1) I need artists, be it pen and paper or graphic design to help with covers and artwork in the 'zine. 

2) I could use some help with laying out pages for the zine

3) I could always use some help with the printing of the 'zine.  I could use lulu.com but then the price would REALLY jump and that's not cool!  So if any of you have a copy machine or know of a cheap place to make copies and are willing to help, please let me know

*NOTE* Please note that helping on the zine is not a paying gig.  You won't be compensated for your time and effort with money, you will be compensated in the fact that you helped out the small, great writers community. 

If you can help in anyway, please message me on the cafe!