Questions on life and writing : Forum : Where do you stand with read r..

[reply] [quote]

Where do you stand with read requests?

13 Years Ago

I read every single read request I get. It'll take a long time, but I do.
If it's a poem, and I don't respond it's because I didn't understand it, or I didn't like it.
I leave a review on every story and chapter I read.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Where do you stand with read requests?

13 Years Ago

I am a slow reader. I type faster than I read. I write pretty slow as well. It is hard for me to finish things, as my attention is very hard to keep. I am always multi-tasking and it a story doesn't get me from the first paragraph I leave it...
I try to read through things. I want to, but it is very difficult. I know I should, since everyone else does. I feel bad that I don't read as many as I should and I get so swamped that I just delete them. I like the idea of them... and use them, but I am bad at doing the same.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Mine are constantly switched off. I get loads from people who never even say thanks for reading or return the favour. Also, my time online is limited to when my kids are napping or in bed. 

I hated getting 10-11 poems in a day from the same people, too. And it's always the same kind of material. 
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

You should probably not do that. If you get confused or don't like something, it would be more helpful if you did review. I would hate to receive nothing, but positive feedback because honestly I feel the feelings are a little fake. 

I think read requests are annoying and makes the writer seem insecure, especially when that writer floods the damn box! I mean every writer has their moment, but they need to realize that they need to have confidence in their work. 

If I do start receiving read requests again, I'll be a little bitchy and go solemnly on what appeals to me because like I said, I like pieces that compel me from real feeling.

[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Another person who wants their work read who doesn't want to read others.
You've just summed up life.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

If that's how you perceive it pretty much...