Romantics : Forum : Just a Moment

[reply] [quote]

Just a Moment

8 Years Ago

A moment passed, white hot silence filling the room. You were so close, but yet so far away. Though my body was tightly wrapped in your arms, the distance between our lips felt like miles, rather than inches. Your eyes had me captivated, their gentle blue coaxing me closer, further shrinking the space between us. Every inch of my being wanted this; wanted to melt into you. I felt an inhale press against me; your breath breathing life into me. Your fingers, laced with mine, were the only things keeping me grounded; the only things keeping me from collapsing against you. A moment passed, each of us drinking in each other's presence until you could bear it no longer. Your lips collided with mine all at once, sending a whole new surge of emotions racing through me. Our kiss was rushed at first, each of us gasping for air that could only be found within each other. Your hand drifted from its grip around mine, resting delicately against the curve of my hip instead. No matter how close we got, there was always too great a space between our bodies. I let my hands explore, feeling out every tightened muscle in your toned arms. I felt your shudders beneath my hands, each one driving me to melt deeper into our shared space. With a jolt of overwhelming fire, I slipped my hands under your arms, brushing against your beautifully sculpted muscles. Following my hands was your shirt, bunching up in my fists. Your spine arched under the contact of my hands, pushing you harder against me. Amidst the passionate heat between us, your soft, gentle lips remained soothing and calm against my rough ones. Your lips were the calm to to storm that was our love. Every time our lips broke apart even for a fraction of a second, my heart was set ablaze all over again.
 Our breathing had become heavy, both of us sputtering for air. You were the one who broke our binding; broke the seal between our kiss. Rather than kiss my lips, you kissed each of my cheeks faintly, followed my the comforting pressure of your forehead against mine. Though our kiss had broken, our hands remained unchanged; yours on my hips, mine against the small of your back. I found myself gazing into your eyes once again, you returning the gesture. My muscles loosened in the moment, and I let my head rest on your shoulder, my eyes fluttering shut. I switched senses, focusing now on my sense of smell. I drank in every bit of your cologne, it's lemon-musty fragrance, burning its memory forever into my mind. Your lips met my ear lovingly, leaving one phrase to bounce about my memory; "I love you, my sweet baby girl."