Sci Fi & Fantasy Writers at the Table : Forum : INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

10 Years Ago

Hello!

I'm Arutha (aka Daniel), and I'm here because I seriously love fantasy. Some of my favorite sagas are the Codex Alera, the Belgariad (though it was better when I was a bit younger, honestly), and ANYTHING by Raymond E. Feist (he does the Riftwar Saga, the Riftwar Legacy, the Serpentwar Saga, the Nighthawk Saga, and more... and they all take place in the same wicked cool world! Actually, I stole "Arutha" from the Riftwar Saga... because he is freaking sweetness maximized to the extreme of optimal insanity).

At any rate, I love reading the fantasy work of other Cafe authors, and I'm working on my own fantasy novel as well. Good to be here, and hopefully we can get a bit of a dialogue going in this forum!

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF!

10 Years Ago

Hello I'm new here, I like to write some sci-fi and fantasy from time to time.  I'm currently working on some horror but have other ideas tugging at my fingers too!

10 Years Ago

Hello,

I'm Eddie, I'm a fan of Tolkien and most fantasy authors.   I've finished writing a trilogy of fantasy books and I'm proofreading the first book in a second series.   I'm not really sure just why I'm writing these series, I know that sounds insane, but I'm not pursuing publication other than on-line.    I'm currently putting a chapter on-line here each day and nearly have my first novel completely posted here at Writer's Cafe.

10 Years Ago

Hi there,

I'm Debbie (aka Deb E.) and I read and write Fantasy. My favourite authors are Joe Abercrombie and Brent Weeks. Also enjoy Peter V. Brett. Need to find some more lady authors I can love...
I enjoyed the first few books of Diana Gabaldon's historical-fantasy "Outlander" - 'cos I also like a little romance).
I suppose my own writing reflects this mix of preferences.
I love writing, and I'd love it if I could earn some pocket money doing it -- it would just help justify my protectiveness of my writing time to the non-writers around me...

10 Years Ago

I grew up on Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, and the Chronicles of Narnia. My current favorite fantasy series is Dragonspell by Donita K. Paul. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I am working through the brainstorming and characterization stages of my first novel, and I'm very excited. I hope that in time it will be worthy of publication.

10 Years Ago

Hey Guys!
My name is Jim.
I'm 26, new to writerscafe, the group & to writing. 
I've actually been writing all my life, but I never committed to finishing a project to share with the world until now.

A friend I met at a YMCA summer camp sparked my interest in reading when I was 9 with the Goosebumps series.
I wrote my first "book" when I was in 5th grade. Needless, It reads at a 5th grade level -Weak plot, poor character development, grammar and spelling atrocities everywhere. It's laughable, but I still site that as my first real accomplishment in the literary field. 
I did not receive high marks in English & Literature in High School, but during that time, I read books that peaked my interest (Wheel of Time Series, Sword of Truth Series, Death Gate Cycle, Star Wars extended universe books, Harry Potter, and various other standalone and literary fiction works). and I also did Star Trek email RPG where you discovery write a story together post by post from the perspective of your character within the Star Trek Universe on a ship within the larger fleet.
That pretty much wraps up my credentials as I went to college for music and I do Audio Engineering as my day job.

I'm working on my first real novel now. I have plans for it to be a trilogy. I joined this group in hopes that I'll find some help when I need it through the rough patches. I feel very alone in the daunting endeavor as I have no friends who enjoy writing or reading. 

I'll be posting a sample of my current work for you guys to toss in some input!
thanks!

9 Years Ago

I'm Willette, a 20 year old Black woman with a love for Fantasy!!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Red

9 Years Ago

My name is Eric. I'm 17, was born and raised in British Colombia Canada, and love to write. Story telling is a passion of mine and so I've decided to share it with a community of like minded thinkers. Despite the challenges ahead I hope to some day be a published author and so welcome any advice or criticisms about my work. Mostly I write short stories though I have a few novels I've been working on. I love all kinds of fantasy and sci-fi series both in the forms of literature, movies, television, and videogames. I collect toys, draw, ski, but mostly I just write

9 Years Ago

Hey Group, 

I'm 26 years old, female and from Germany. Ever since I can remember I have been telling stories to my siblings and friends. I love reading and writing and finished my first book when I was 17, unfortunately I have never gone out to publish anything.
I joined this forum to meet some like minded people as well as get some feedback to my work along with insight on what others are doing. 

9 Years Ago

Hi!

I'm Kylie.  I'm 17 and new to WritersCafe.  I love writing sci-fi and fantasy, and have ever since I can remember.  I especially love to write science fantasy, and I am currently working on the first book of a science fantasy series.

8 Years Ago

Hi i'm Ryan,

I am currently working on a novel, it will be the first i have completed. Just here to look for some feedback as i work along. Also to make some friends and contacts and offer my comments or help on things people are working on.

My writing is mainly post apocalypse style worlds and the one i am working on at the moment i would say is dystopian. 

8 Years Ago

Hello all!

I just joined this group because I see myself as a Sci-Fi writer and have enjoyed the genre for quite some time (and not because this was one of the few groups that weren't merely advertising free reviews...). I am a big fan of the Mass Effect series, and admittedly I'm not that much of a reader, but I am quite the avid writer. Not that my profile would suggest that anyway... With time I'm sure my library of work will increase, but for now I don't have much to show for. 

See you around the web.

8 Years Ago

Hello all, 

I hope I can become friends with all of you. I love fantasy and am currently working on a novel about four kids who see their father dies but everything is not as it seems. I'm 16 and hope to be all your friends working to the perfection of our writing projects. 

7 Years Ago

Hello all, I'm Skye. I joined this group because I adore fantasy and am beginning to love sci-fi as well and this group seemed a good place to go. I am particularly in love with the Inheritance cycle which inspired my current book. But, all that aside, please, don't hesitate to talk to me, I'm a social butterfly.

7 Years Ago

Hello everyone! You can call me Anastasia. (Not my real name, but it's what I go by online.) I live in the United States. I have loved reading ever since I can remember. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine and Fablehaven by Brandon Mull are the books that first got me into reading, and I have loved fantasy ever since. I joined this group because I love reading and writing fantasy (and sometimes science fiction).

7 Years Ago

Hello all,

I go by wired crow online and would like to say first and foremost, thank you in advance to anyone that ends up checking out my work and giving any feedback.

I love reading any sort of fantasy, from high fantasy to urban, with a particular love for any novel by Charles de Lint (which probably reflects in my writing). I used to write a lot when I was younger but have fallen out of practice. I am finally starting to pick it back up. I'm definitely rusty to start but am hoping to improve with the feedback I get here. I will most likely be posting short stories based on a magi-technology world that is not so different than our own current one, but of course, with its own twists.

Hope you enjoy my stories.