Sci-fi Horror : Forum : ?

[reply] [quote]

Shhh...no one look

14 Years Ago

Since there is no way to post writing--i think, i didn't see any, please correct me if im mistaken--i wanted to post an excerpt of my first chapter:

"She had little time to get to safety.  The sun scarcely shone through the trees; in a matter of minutes it would be dark.  She ran as fast as she possibly could after a weary day of trekking through the forest.  She stumbled over the uneven forest terrain and the giant roots protruding from the earth.  Frantically, she searched for a hollowed out tree she could spend the night in.  She didn’t understand; the previous nights it hadn’t been this difficult to find an unoccupied safe haven.  The sun was indiscernible now and a cold sweat was starting to form on her face. Then, she felt her intuition kick in.  She felt a presence in close proximity.  Completely relying on her sixth sense, now that it was dark, she veered to the right.  She felt branches painfully raking her skin, almost as if they were trying to stop her from finding refuge. A howl echoed through the wilderness curdling her blood.  Knowing the abominable beasts were emerging to catch their dinner she increased her gait.  She felt the presence more distinctly now and suddenly she collided, full force, into an immense tree.  A dull thud emanated from the ancient tree as she ricocheted off the tree and came crashing to the ground.  She lay, sprawled out, on the forest floor completely disoriented.  She gulped in a breath of air and her thoughts immediately returned.  Instantly, she was on her feet again.  She extended her arm upward feeling for the hole.  There, I’ve found it!  Relief washed over her as she ascended the tree trunk.  She collapsed exhausted in the shelter just before another howl, much closer, sounded through the forest...
"

thanks for reading--if you review ill greatly appreciate it and i will return the favor!
[reply] [quote]

Re: ?

14 Years Ago

K . . . is there more?
[reply] [quote]

Re: ?

14 Years Ago

Yeah there is more--if you go to my profile it's in my first chapter--actually now I have a different first chapter, but this is still used in my fourth chapter