Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of the Internet : Forum : Open, Bring Your Friends

[reply] [quote]

Open, Bring Your Friends

10 Years Ago

Hey guys this is a pretty new group but it has a pretty wide range of fiction covered. It focuses on two of the most popular types of literary fiction and so I hope it appeals to a wide range of writers. Come one come all! 
[reply] [quote]

Re: Open, Bring Your Friends

9 Years Ago

Very cool! It's good to be here; I'm new to the Writer's Cafe community (just signed up three days ago), and I'm glad I have a group to call home right off the bat. Can't wait to read some of everyone's works.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Open, Bring Your Friends

7 Years Ago

Hello all. I've been on this site for some months with nary an introduction. (I'm shy-ish) I've now posting and editing and re-editing chapters to a fantasy / sciencefaction (a phrase I've coined probably after someone else already has) novel that has spent the past 18 years or so as a children's picture book (formatted along the lines of Treasure Island), a graphic novel, and is now in it's final format as a straighforward series of books.

The premise is as follows: The return of the
primordial gods of myth to our current day world propels aftershocks
throughout a humanity grappling to deal with their now splintered
ideologies. Our legends are real.17 year old Kyler has spent
his last few years as a regular everyday American teen. When he
stumbles upon what appears to be an aberration of nature, he is
completely unaware of the eons old struggle in which he has
inadvertently ensnared himself and his friends.

Admittedly this probably sounds like a lot of what's already out there but hey It's my "fantasy / science-faction twist on it so I'm going through to completion...and re-completion as edits warrant. I'm open to helping others in their endeavors as well.