So You're Writing a Novel : Forum : ADVERTISE

ADVERTISE

12 Years Ago

Since this is a group all about strengthening ourselves as writer's, I figure that soon, there will be several posts with the similar title of "Reviews for _____________?"  To eliminate that, this will be the single thread for advertising.    If you post here, please make it an obligation to get around and read other's work.  If someone reviews your writing, return the favor.  It's one of the absolute nicest things you can do for a work in progress.     If you have a book that's part of the group library, and you'd like reviews for a specific aspect, chapter, or character (or anything, really), post it here, along with a link.    For instance:

I really need some reviews of Chapter 2 - Gwen Summers.  I've gotten the remark that some of my dialogue from the first chapter sounds slightly childish for the 16 year old characters to say to each other, but the character from who's point of view it's from is slightly immature.  I need to know if this is a recurring thing, or not.   I also want to know what people are stopping after the first chapter, and not reading any farther.  Is it a "I'll read the first chapter now, and the next one later" thing, or is it a "This is terrible; I'll leave a dummy comment to prove I read it, but I'll never go back!"

Re: ADVERTISE

12 Years Ago

I would love some helpful reviews for the prologue of this series I'm trying out. (Trying to put idea into story, and In my opinion so far It's not workin out too well but maybe that's just me and my paranoid-ism. xD ) There's the link, and if you like it feel free to read the other chapters too and review! The other chapters aren't very developed though, like they might seem a bit..... Bare. Dry. Uhmm... Boring even? Anyway, please review!

12 Years Ago

I need reviews of my novel that go past the prologue and first chapter.  Or, as Lou says, tell me WHY you chose not to read any more of it.  I have fairly specific author's notes with each chapter, but feel free to comment on anything else that stands out, too.  (I will not review in exchange for one-liners or other "reviews" that are empty of actual content. At least prove to me that you've read what you're reviewing.)

12 Years Ago

I really would like some good, but nice critism on my book Helping Everyone's Lost Life(HELL). I never really dared to ask because I'm shy, so please review.

12 Years Ago

I recently made a hugely experimental change to the first and second chapter of my book "Threads of Fate - The Golden Thread" (

Basically I had a hook that I loved, and a second chapter that dragged (and overlapped, to be quite honest).  My solution was to rework the hook and merge the two chapters for a better flow.  I'm looking for some feedback as to whether or not the first chapter still has a good hook or not, and if the change helped the overall flow between these two chapters (or if it was better before).  As always, I will be happy to lend a helping hand to anyone who is willing to do the same for me.  = )