So You're Writing a Novel : Forum : One sentence story!

One sentence story!

12 Years Ago

You may post one sentence.  Keep the story going, no matter how absurd (but try and keep slightly cohesive).     _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _    
 Saturday evening rolled around, uneventful as ever, and 16 year old Jana Finch sat at home with nothing to do.

Re: One sentence story!

12 Years Ago

Can't say I know how to quote it, sorry!

All her friends had been out on envious, romantic dates, or a fancy summer vacation with the family, which, as you could imagine, is extraordinarily boring for her.

12 Years Ago

She was pulling a waxy red apple out of the fridge when an urgent knocking arrested a bone chilling attention.

12 Years Ago

It came from the bathroom.

12 Years Ago

She cautiously opened the door, still holding the apple in hand, to a befuddled man wearing princely attire.

12 Years Ago

She tried to ask him who he was, but before she could, he opened his mouth - apparently, he could only speak in a language comprised of annoying, ear-splitting screech.

12 Years Ago

His frantic bantering began to scare her, as she was obviously dealing with some sort of asylum escapee, but as she promptly shut the door and headed for the phone, it was completely demolished as he was thrown through it by a large, beastly form.

(*Edit* Whoops. Typo. :D)

12 Years Ago

The two forms were instantly flashing a "death imminent" red and her mind yanked her out of the house on instinct.

12 Years Ago

As she caught her breath from the recent panic, the sounds of the fight carrying on from the inside, an elderly man strolled by.

(Hope we weren't taking turns. <.<  >.>)

12 Years Ago

Despite his apparent fragility, he pulled an AK-47 out from behind his back and approached her, smiling a crooked smile; she only realized later that he lacked a lower lip.

12 Years Ago

Adrenaline coursing through her, she performed a perfect backflip, and as her hands met the ground midway, she gripped the gardening shears, finishing upright with weapon ready to be driven through the oncoming attacker.

12 Years Ago

The old man cackled and seemed to have no restraint in firing, in the moment before he fired, time slowed to a near stop; she heard a voice seeming to come from the shears.

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by Terrin Sanner
The old man cackled and seemed to have no restraint in firing, in the moment before he fired, time slowed to a near stop; she heard a voice seeming to come from the shears.
"I'm a pacifist," the shears said.

12 Years Ago

She tapped each of her fingers against the hard mahogany surface.

12 Years Ago

I'll go ahead and continue it... <.<

They continued; "I do not wish to end a life, but I will surely save yours. Your only chance is to run. Now, go! You're nearly surrounded."

12 Years Ago

Hundreds of hot air balloons seemed to shrug off an invisible cloak, popping into the sky and dropping bombs from over wicker baskets.