Social Deviants : Forum : The Moral of the Story

[reply] [quote]

The Moral of the Story

16 Years Ago

I was wondering... do any of you put morals, or lessons to be learned, into your stories?

I mean... is it still a good thing to do, or is it just completely frowned upon in literature today?

I can pretty much detect a moral in all of my major stories...
And I just don't see myself taking them out.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I don't think modern society frowns upon putting morals in stories, they just don't notice anymore. things are becoming less and less about morals, less about tradition, less about family values, and more about the sole individual. the person in the mirror is who's needs we aquiesce, not the neighbour or the old lady across the street. morals just aren't an issue anymore. my writing has a story behind it usually, but a moral? i'm not even sure i'd know how to find a moral in a story anymore. it was easier when we were little wsn't it? it was always clear who was good and who was bad and what the story was trying to say. the older we get, we see that the world isn't black and white anymore. are morals even moral? now i'm starting to ramble but what i'm saying is- just because 1 person believes it doesn't mean every1 does. ever1 knows that but still... it's not coming out how i wanted it to. hmm. do u get what i mean though?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Systemic Apathy
I don't think modern society frowns upon putting morals in stories, they just don't notice anymore. things are becoming less and less about morals, less about tradition, less about family values, and more about the sole individual.

^_^"

For a moment there, you sound like a conservative :P

Of course...there's a difference between real family values, and conservative family values.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

please excuse my ignorance of american politics (i'm from australia) but what is a conservative? i find your politics kinda hard to follow. ours is pretty easy. theres labor party which fights for the working people then there's the liberal party which is more about big business and money then theres obscure little parties that no1 knows about xcept 4 the greens cuz they make a big fuss every time some1 breathes out carbon dioxide. the only thing i know about american politics is that your president is a dick.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

My apologies, I didn't mean to be rude.

Basically, the political system is divided into two. One side "Conservatives", want three things: War, bans on same-sex marriage, and more religion in the government.

Then there are liberals, who want more gay sex, less religion, and no war.

Unfortunately, the actual numbers are divided in a completely different way.
Republicans, who are 100% conservative, and Democrats, who are 80% conservative, 10% liberal, and 10% spineless pansy.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

yeah my country's current government (who kisses ur governments a*s on nearly every issue, especially iraq) is kinda like that, but all in the one party lol. my understanding of american politics comes from that tv show 'brothers and sisters' so u can kinda see why i have no idea about it hey? lol.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

George Bush is a f*g if you ask me. I mean come on he is not able to run a goverment he shouldn't be running one at all. And frankly he looks too much like a monkey if you ask me
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Atwood
and Democrats, who are 80% conservative, 10% liberal, and 10% spineless pansy.

F'ing A to that. If the Dems had an ounce of courage, they would've done something a long time ago. It's disappointing.

M.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Systemic Apathy
the only thing i know about american politics is that your president is a dick.

You're being kind.

Bush's administration is basically a club where you can get away with anything. Wire tapping, Skull-Fing the people of New Orleans, starting two war fronts, when he should've gone for those responsible for 9/11. I can go on.

I never seen Brothers and Sisters. If you'd like a good (and humorous) take on American Politics... do a search for Stephen Colbert, and scroll till you find "White House Correspondence Dinner" ...and listen to all the s**t he says in front of the president. You'll notice hardly anyone is laughing. It's split in to like 3 parts.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'll do that. sounds interesting.