Society Of The Book-Lovers : Forum : How many books do you own?

How many books do you own?

15 Years Ago

My parents, after many years of being married, have called it quits. So, within the next month, I have to help my father pack so that we can move as soon as possible. My biggest dilemma -- and you have to understand that I have OCD when it comes to books -- is packing my books so that during the waiting, moving and unpacking stages, so that they don't get damaged.

After seven large boxes, filled to their lids, full of books, I realized that I only have half of my books packed. I took a rough guess, and I have over four hundred books. A lot for a 19 year old, I think. (But, truth be told, not near as many as I would like.)

My question to you all, is: How many books do you own?

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I have at least a hundred if not more, way too many for me to take the time to count!

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

After recently falling into the (as my family calls it) 'book phase', I only own about 20 that are of my level today. If you count the several from my childhood, I'd say over 100, but many of those include Dr. Seuss and ABC books, so I'm not counting them. Also take into mind that I am only thirteen and as soon as possible I am getting a job to but LOADS of books, and I can't wait. I will be allowed my part time job on August 9th this year, and then I will have many more!