Songwriters & Lyricists : Forum : WHEN DO YOU GET INSPIRED?

WHEN DO YOU GET INSPIRED?

16 Years Ago

When do you get inspired to write a song? For me, it's always at the oddest times.
While I'm driving, in the shower, in a meeting--somewhere I don't have access to pen and paper, and alot of times, by the time I am able to write it down--I forget the words!!!!!!!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

when im listening to music definitely, or driving in my car late at night. thats when my best comes out, i think.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

C.m.v., I am the same way. It also occurs when I'm very busy. I seem to only remember the best lines and the best rhythms. I've probably lost 20 to 30 songs due to forgetfulnees.

Driving seems to bring it out of me more than any other activity.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Mostly, one of three moments: when I'm in the shower, in which case I sing the piece that I came up with over and over again, when I'm listening to Fall Out Boy, or when I'm really depressed. Or angry. Or any other very strong emotion.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Its funny, for me, I'll have nothing then out of nowhere, bam! Three new sets of lyrics, then nothing again. It goes in a cycle like that. Sometimes seeing a news story or reading a book, and like everyone else, listening to music. I try not to get to inspired while listening to music because I don't my stuff to resemble too much what I'm listening to.

Re: WHEN DO YOU GET INSPIRED?

11 Years Ago

When I'm hurt I write my best stuff. It 's just a way to get it all out