Southern Horror Writers Association : Forum : No Subject

No Subject

16 Years Ago

i really like this group. for one, i like the posted writings. i not only see potential, but also the hard work. i work hard on my stories as well. however, i am noticing somthing peculiar in some of the groups included in Writers Cafe. no one seems to be posting or reviewing many of the last threads and posts are dated back into nov or so of last year. i have started to read many of the stories posted and have commented on some... i don't know, its like i'm  knocking at the door of a house long abandoned by its owners. well, just in case, i will continue to read the work. is anyone out there? sorry about my lack of capitalization. i find it optional when not working on a story lol.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

The cafe's always been a very silent place, however the horror community here used to be very active!  But once the change happened everything came to a screeching hault!  Unfortunately, since so much is set up to try and be the "top writer" and "top reviewer" etc. etc.  People were only active when it benefited them and finding someone who truly appreciated writing, getting to know other writers, and helping other writers was few and far between!

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

ah, how sad. i shall stay and read for a while, the quiet although a little unsettling, is also somewhat peaceful.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I have noticed the same thing. I wish it was a bit more active. Or at least delete the people who are not participating anymore. I hate browsing through dozens of inactive profiles. That would at least make it easier for the active people to find each other.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

There were quite a few active writing groups as well. Hell David's group Project Horror was one of my favorites to check out everyday until Charlie reworked the site. Ever since then everything just died. There are a lot of people who left because of those changes, then of course, you also have the great wipe of 08. That killed it for a lot of people, especially the ones that didn't have their work backed up previously. That was stupid of them, but also stupid of Charlie to make such a grave error. And then he keeps making changes to the site, I feel bad for the new writers that come here looking for constructive help because without the more experienced authors that were on this site are now gone. At least quite a few of them. It's great to see new authors but I really do feel bad that they won't be able to enjoy the same things that we did before Charlie decided that the Cafe needed to be "better." Personally, I thought it was good just as it was. The only thing different that I like, is the book feature. That's it. But that is just one person's humble opinion.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Except for playing chess with my husband, there is no one in my circle who can think of anything beyond the daily, basic needs talk that we are all bound to. I often think of how cool it would be to have a sort of Black Widowers club *( Isacc Asimov).  Though I am a notorious loner, I cannot imagine my joy to be in a comfortable room with say five like minds. That is pure fantasy, so instead,  I send out feelers here, just to feel secure in knowing there are others like me. One thing I do know, is that my writing is what it is, due to reading the works of others. Recognizing thier mistakes in my own work and also seeing what works.

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5