Stress Room : Forum : Greatest Invention

[reply] [quote]

Greatest Invention

17 Years Ago

What do you think the greatest invention is of our time?

For like the 50's and everything, it was the TV.
For like a hundred years before that, the automobile.
Like way back in the day, it was the wheel.

I think our greatest invention today is the Internet. What do you think?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

So what if I get to talk to myself, but I totally agree. It's totally the Internet.
And it's not going to stop there though. . .
I think OnStar may be onto something. They can track your car (GPS), start your car from their little satelites, and even send out police when your airbag goes off. So if you lock your keys in the car, they can unlock the car for you.

But what of hackers? I can see the "hardened criminals" in our future not being the typical badass you see today: instead they'll have bifocals, chicken-wings for arms and maybe those strappy suspenders.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Really??! Start your car if you lock your keys in it? And unlock the doors?
OnStar has quite some power over your automobile. . .

What if it's sort of like the movie "I, Robot," when you're driving and they can control other cars around you, stop your car, pull it over and stuff? That'll be kinda lame I guess.... but who knows, could be helpful.

Pretty soon we'll have the Internet in our cars. And IMing! Haha... everywhere you go, they'll be somebody IMing somebody else... sort of like how you go places and people talk on their cell phones. I f*****g hate that. Say I'm waiting at the dentist, somebody (younger) will be there also, and not even five minutes, they're figiting with their cell phone. Same thing happened the other day when I was in Mr. Hero. It's like people need that constant connection to somebody else.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

f*****g cell phones...
I tell you, you can't go five feet without somebody blurting out their personal problems to the public on a cell phone. And what's funny is that those people yelling about how their best friend slept with their sister are usually the quiet ones.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

You know man, I like how you think... it's kind of eerie actually. But it is Halloween after all ain't it?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Okay, okay, I'm going to have to change my opinion. Eggnog. Eggnog is the greatest invention. Ever.