Surreal Dreamers : Forum : Introductions

[reply] [quote]

Introductions

7 Years Ago

Here you can introduce yourselves!
Some ideas of what you could talk about are your influences, inspirations, dreams, thoughts, and ideas. Don't worry whether it makes sense or not. Some of us might understand and some might not; not everyone thinks in the same way, and when you meet someone who does, it's great! 
I'm Taylor, and I love living in the world inside my head. I love those moments when great ideas show themselves unexpectedly - little truths deep from your soul coming up to the surface to guide you. Waking dreams. Always a pleasant surprise. That's when my creativity is at its highest, when I feel what I cannot see, and suddenly I know things I didn't know I know, and it all comes pouring out on paper. Nothing can stop it at that point. My true self is communicating with the other world, and in that moment I feel free. 
I'm sure some of you can relate! 
[reply] [quote]

Re: Introductions

7 Years Ago

Hi, I'm Sean.
I'm a musician first, then writer. I'm big on prog and metal, not necessarily in that order, and I'm a sucker for a little grand fantasy.
I'm working on a couple concept albums at the moment, one of which is closely linked to my 'By the Light of the Moon' work. It's so atmospheric you won't even know what planet you're on. Hopefully.
But yeah, I'll keep on writing, both music and literature, and I'll keep you posted! Maybe.
[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

HELLO!!!!!!!! I'm Maddi (It's short for my name: Madeleina-Dorothea which is a bit of a mouthful) and I pretty much have a love and hate relationship with the world. I love things like nature, going for long walks in the countryside, climbing trees and appreciating things like that e.t.c. as well as awesome things like anime(yes, I'm an otaku) and books. I hate the fact that my country has been split into two because of politics and I hate the fact that I had no say in it. I hate the fact that we destroy our environment and increase global warming. I hate the inequality that happens in other countries.Sorry. Heh heh. It got a bit deep there.
Well you're probably bored of my rambling so I'll stop now.
Yours,A very crazy person.
[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Originally posted by Sean Cairns
Hi, I'm Sean.
I'm a musician first, then writer. I'm big on prog and metal, not necessarily in that order, and I'm a sucker for a little grand fantasy.
I'm working on a couple concept albums at the moment, one of which is closely linked to my 'By the Light of the Moon' work. It's so atmospheric you won't even know what planet you're on. Hopefully.
But yeah, I'll keep on writing, both music and literature, and I'll keep you posted! Maybe.

That's AWESOME. I love concept albums, and atmospheric music, and that poem, so I think you're going to have to show me that when you're finished haha. 
I've been dabbling in making music. I tried to make a concept album out of some poems that I turned into songs but it didn't sound right. I know some basic guitar and that's about it, I need to learn how to make it sound better. 
Keep me posted. :) 

[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Originally posted by Maddi
HELLO!!!!!!!! I'm Maddi (It's short for my name: Madeleina-Dorothea which is a bit of a mouthful) and I pretty much have a love and hate relationship with the world. I love things like nature, going for long walks in the countryside, climbing trees and appreciating things like that e.t.c. as well as awesome things like anime(yes, I'm an otaku) and books. I hate the fact that my country has been split into two because of politics and I hate the fact that I had no say in it. I hate the fact that we destroy our environment and increase global warming. I hate the inequality that happens in other countries.Sorry. Heh heh. It got a bit deep there.
Well you're probably bored of my rambling so I'll stop now.
Yours,A very crazy person.
I feel like I can relate to you so much :) I'm from the U.S. but I dream of living in or visiting some peaceful countryside somewhere in Europe. I always see pictures of it and it looks so beautiful, like Devon. Maybe some day. :) And I love anime too! Which anime shows are you favorite? 
Haha, it's encouraged to dig deep here, remember! Everything you said was interesting. No worries!! :D 

[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Hi, my name is Chris, thanks for letting me in your group, it sounds fantastic. I'm pretty introverted and shy so I don't have much of an outlet for my ideas. My writing usually falls into some kin d of existential philosophy and meanings behind life and death. My influences are Nietzsche, H.P. Lovecraft, Stephen King, Schopenhauer, and Kafka. If anyone is into philosophy, I'd love to chat with you!
[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Hi Sean, that's really cool you're into concept albums. Which ones influenced you the most and which are your favorites?
I'm into Classic Rock and I'm pretty fond of "Arthur" by the Kinks and "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull.
Are you going to incorporate your music in your writing?
[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Ello... I'm Sapientiam and I'm a creative writer. My main influences for writing are anime, abnormal psychology, video games, etc. I play the violin and is learning the Erhu. I'm actually an INFJ-A, which constitutes a tiny bit of the world's population. I happen to have a vivid imagination, which helps me in my writing. I want to major in Neuroscience and minor in Creative Writing. I have a Wattpad account (I'm MasterZsword) where I'm writing some books there. I love to draw and I love to read (obviously). And... I believe that's it. Thanks for the invite! I'm glad to be a member. :)
[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Originally posted by Taylor Finley King
Originally posted by Sean Cairns
Hi, I'm Sean.

That's AWESOME. I love concept albums, and atmospheric music, and that poem, so I think you're going to have to show me that when you're finished haha. 
I've been dabbling in making music. I tried to make a concept album out of some poems that I turned into songs but it didn't sound right. I know some basic guitar and that's about it, I need to learn how to make it sound better. 
Keep me posted. :) 

Sorry, I didn't realise I wouldn't get notified for the forum!
Yeah, I'm a sucker for progressive music and while I haven't gotten very far with the Moon album, I have quite a lot of ideas to go on. Maybe I'll put up the first demo soon...

EDIT: here's the demo: 
[reply] [quote]

7 Years Ago

Originally posted by cbritto6
Hi Sean, that's really cool you're into concept albums. Which ones influenced you the most and which are your favorites?
I'm into Classic Rock and I'm pretty fond of "Arthur" by the Kinks and "Aqualung" by Jethro Tull.
Are you going to incorporate your music in your writing?

Sorry for the late reply!
My all time favourite album would be Devin Townsend's Deconstruction, which is about someone who's addicted to sex, drugs and alcohol to the point that it really affects his life. So he makes his own religion to justify it, goes into space, declares his love of masturbation to the intergalactic community then discovers that the meaning of life is 'bullshit'. Sorry for the spoilers.
Close second would be Dev's Ziltoid the Omniscient, which is where an alien destroys the Earth over a bad cup of coffee then discovers emotion and, again, realises that life has no meaning.
I'm also really into Pink Floyd lately, especially The Wall, as well as Mastodon, Dream Theater, Opeth, stuff like that.
I plan to do a few crossovers between music and writing, but I couldn't possibly reveal yet...!