Team Renfield : Forum : Ghosts of Prompts Past

Ghosts of Prompts Past

13 Years Ago

Here are the prompts of days gone by, feel free to pick up any you have missed or want to revisit.

It was an odd kind of box, with swirls of red covering the surface and the latch begging to be flipped...

What if the future happened earlier? What have we forgotten from the past that would be really interesting today? If you could go back in time, is there anything you would change?

I hope you have a great spooktastic Halloween and it inspires you, for that is your prompt this time, Halloween.

Today the prompt is music, in any form.

My darling Renfieldians, for one day only you (yes you) are a zookeeper. On this day a shady character brings you a box labled CAUTION LIVE ANIMAL. You ask what is inside. Well my dearest Renfieldians, what is inside?

She is whispy looking, like smoke in a pint glass. Her eyes are milky, but not sightless. She sees, just not in the usual way. Her tongue is made of secrets and she shares a little at a time. Her name cannot be said to you, at least, not while you are awake. She carries knowledge like a sword.

There is an art to relationships, and art provokes discussion. What is the art of relationships?

I would like you to write about your favourite supporting character.

For today's prompt, retell one of your favourite "children's stories" in a new and provoking manner.

You are at the library (chances are I am too, say hi), one day you are looking through the dusty shelves towards the back. You pull out one particularly dull volume for a closer look and SOMETHING happens. Care to explain what that something was?

A bit of a classic. Two (or more) brothers compete for one woman's attention. Write the story around it.