Team Renfield : Forum : To thine self be introduced!

To thine self be introduced!

13 Years Ago

So, here are some things about me: I am Astrid Johanna Crosland. Yes, it may look like two thirds of my name are missing letters, but I also have a mother named Syvaun. Tibs is my cat. In the usual "nobody owns a cat" way. I have duel citizenship between New Zealand and the UK, I drink tea, I want to be a writer when I finish school (I had to change that from "grow up" because that is highly unlikely to happen), I live with my dad. I have a phobia of marshmallows. Renfield is my favourite "pet lunatic", I name inanimate objects, I have a dairy allergy. I'm known to ramble and stay up far too late. When I was younger I wanted a cockney accent. Now I have several accents mixed together. I want to fill in lexical gaps across the textualverse! I'm a Space Pirate, a little bit steampunk, able to quote several things from many books, sitting in bed as I write this and quite thirsty. I like you. I like the rain and the sun and when things I write happen later in real life. I once saved a spider's life and now they feel safe enough to sit in my fringe - at school. I am related to nobody special and somebody wonderful. Cats like me too. I've never been afraid of the dark. I'm synesthetic.   And you?  

Re: To thine self be introduced!

13 Years Ago

wat up ya'll ??!! My name is DannyLynne I will be 45 in January I have been writing since age 8 and fancy myself a writer. I write mostly essay...comentary and some poetry...well actually im writing alot more poetry since coming to this fabulous site. I have a wide variety of dedicated interests my luv for the Japanese Geisha Arts is among my greatest and I have a strong desire to learn the ancient and elite Japanese Rikkyu Tea Ceremony...this might prove to be hard considering you must be born into this royal bloodline to have this ancient rite passed on to you verbaly...and im not even Japanese...but still I';m on a quest (wink) When I grow up (wink to ms. Astrid) My greatest goal is to move to new york city and have my own newspaper column (did I also mention I'm a serious "Sex and the City" fan? ok well perhaps fan is a bit mild...it's more like my new religion lol) speaking of religion I like to call myself a Christian I have faith in God and accept Jesus Christ BUT... not exactly in the traditional sense...there is much I disagree with when it comes to organized Religion and i wont subject ya'll  to it here and now (I know... I know...thank gawd right?) I also luv photography and art and Im one of those modern city girls with a boyfriend AND a girlfriend however I live alone in my own apt. by choice. On a more serious side I am a recovering heroin addict...Ive been in recovery over 9 yrs now...and its been fabulous. For the most part I have a very luvly life...I mean I live in a fabulous ghetto apt. and I struggle each month just to keep the electricity on but my life is mostly great . I have a fantastic boyfriend who luvz me and children who are...well.. lets just say my kidz are an acquired taste lol...but they are talented and beautiful and I luv them. The majority of my time and resources these days are spent getting myself published...and I must say Im new to this whole publishing thing and mosta the time I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing lol...but for the past yr and a half I've been working on a collection of essays and poetry...with some of my photography thrown in as well so if ya'll might have any tips for me pleez...I invite you to give me as much advice as possible...well I didn't start out meaning to write you an entire book in this forum so I should close...ok I get a lil carried away sumtimes lol so peace out ya'll my writers cafe experience has been fantastic and im happy to be a part of it -DannyLynne    p.s. did I mention that I have a cat??? lol

13 Years Ago

Ah so I'm Norma Frances Moore Sutton lol.  I'm 46 and write for my sanity.  I sew for a living and have a spinners flock of sheep, goats and rabbits.  I seem to have a cluster of animal around me when I'm not at work and it's not uncommon for me to look back and discover I'm being followed by the majority of the barn cats as well as my livestock guardian pup.  If I'm in the pasture then everything except the rabbits are following alone . . . I don't know if I'm special or they just see me as FOOD . . . probably the bringer of tasty treats lol.

I started writing children's picture books about 10 years ago and have had 2 published.  One is a photo picture book and the other I had illustrated.   About 5 years ago a series of dreams gave birth the Matthew's Legacy, the first book in the series Haunting Memories.  There will be 13 in the series eventually.  I have the second one near completion at this point and have started the third one.  Recently due to this group and another I find myself attempting to write poetry :)

Norma
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J.

12 Years Ago

Hello all! And thank you for the invite. I am J. I was never really given any nic name, so I just go by the first letter of my first name. Sometimes the first of both first and sirname. I am engaged to Music, and soon to marry it for life. I used to live in the midwest, until last August. June 5th of last year, 2 days before my birthday, our Mother passed away. Within the year since, has been one hell of a terror ride, and somehow I got through without falling, like I did in '97 after my father died. Heroin addict for 2 years since that day I lost Daddy, and now 12 years clean, self-rehabilitated. The thought of my 3 children without their mother pulled me strong through that.  Just turned 40, June 7. My mother used to always ask, "Do you feel any older yet?" I honestly answered, "No!" Now, for the first time, I feel something grab hold of me, and show me the realization most women go through (I hear) at this age. I truly know what I want, and have to make a few changes to accomplish the best in life. I have always loved to write, among many other genre of art I love! These include Music, Painting and sketch, Sewing, and writing anything from Journal entries, story writing, thought to Poetry. My favorite of all, Poetry. Have written since I was quite young. Age? Who recalls? I was still playing with Barbie at the time, lol! I am happy to say I've met my Twin Flame. The downside, he is next to untouchable at the moment. Funny how life throws such cruelty as an obstacle in ones way. Like dangling a carrot so close, yet so far, only to quickly rip it away! Cruel fate. I believe even Karma can find her, and dish out her comeuppance. In the meantime, I rest here when the moments call for self-expression. I smile, offer my right hand to you and say, "Hello, pleased to meet you!" Btw, I absolutely love the style that is Steampunk, Astrid!