The Amanda Todd support group : Forum : A stand against bullying!

A stand against bullying!

11 Years Ago

How is it fair when someone is set at a disadvantage in their own life for some else's entertainment? Tell me that, please. How is that right? Why do people have such cruel intentions? I myself understand what bullying is like. I grew up experiencing it in school. I also recently experienced a bad case at work which has left me unemployed and struggling for money because I couldn't deal with the harrassment anymore. Bullying is a disgusting fact of life that should be stopped. I think perhaps we ourselves should do something about it. (Perhaps a collaborative selection of poetry related to anti- bullying and our own experiences) would anyone be up for this?

Re: A stand against bullying!

11 Years Ago

So in other words what I am saying is who would like to write a poetry, maybe perhaps even some prose, related to bullying and what not and then try to have it published so the voices of others who are suffering and who may end up like Amanda and others like her can be heard? I think it would be a life changing experience for many whether they write or read it.

11 Years Ago

Elaine, I'm a 43 year old transwoman, and I have forced to face bullying, in one form or another, starting with kindergarten. My last job, I quiet because I couldn't deal with the subtle and covert transphobia, as I was just coming out of the closet, at the time, in 2006-7. Having since been placed in a provincial disability support program here, in Ontario.  If you are interested, I would like to do, a collobration with you. Must warn you, my writing can be very emotional and dark.

11 Years Ago

I had referred to such works as being posted in the writing section of this group ...

11 Years Ago

I meant to put together and send off somewhere for publishing or something. Perhaps even submit the work to an anti-bullying organization

11 Years Ago

I know who some of you may feel. I may not be a transwoman or an unemployed adult, but I'm an American 17 year old who has suffered much loss. When you would expect fellow students to comfort me and help me get through grieving my Mo, they have done the opposite. They make fun of me, making my want my Mom even more. It helps a great deal, knowing and talking to people who have been through similar to what I have. Ever since kindergarten, I have been regarded as unpopular consequently making my unsocial and locked up in my own little world. I made two friends, Lulu and Chance, at the beginning of High school. They have been through similar situations. Lulu's grades are low and she lets people push her around whereas Chance is a gay boy in a straight school. They are on here to and I will try to get them to join here. Lulu is 'Sojourner Truth's truth' and Chance is 'Gay Boy 101'.

11 Years Ago

I'd like it if they joined.  As a victim of intensive bullying myself this group really means a lot to me.  My bullying was the typical bully the fat kid case.  only they were a little more violent a little more brutal than a common case.  I can understand many things but I wont go into them right now.  I'm here for eveyone who's had to go through these horrid things.

10 Years Ago

Not that it matters but what was Amanda Todd being bullied for?

10 Years Ago

The basics are she was online and a guy talked to her made her think he cared about her and got her to send some nudes.  After that noone would leave her alone.  At school she was tormented and brutalised even after she switched schools to escape.  Eventually she committed suicide by drinking bleach and was eventually successfull.  I think the saddest part is she posted a video on youtube about the whole thing and those horrible kids still comment on the video calling her a s**t saying she deserved to die, that she was a coward etc.  It just makes me so angry.

10 Years Ago

hmm pisses me off too I know allot of kids in my school who deal with this sort of thing really a stand should be taken

8 Years Ago

I'm sorry to all of you who were bullied. I'm 6'6 and didn't have many people give me a hard time because of my size. But, I was brought up correctly and always step out of my comfort zone, even against friends, to stand up for those that did, or do not, deserve to be treated differently. I offer my apology on behalf of all those individuals that were, or are, not bright enough to see that every individual is unique and has something amazing to offer us all. Thank each one of you for that!