The Atheist Group : Forum : Hello

[reply] [quote]

Hello

14 Years Ago

Hi all;

As an outsider, I stopped by the group because of the name, but when I read the three pieces of writing, two of them seem very religous, and even mention heaven in a positive way.  Not really what I expected for an Atheist group.  Anyway, I'll check back later to see how it's going here before clicking to join.  Thank, Later.  ,,,,,Mhk Melvin

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

Hello Mhk- I'm pretty new myself and just getting the hang of the site navigation, etc, but welcome and nice to meet you. I've been a staunch atheist for many years. I hold no particular animosity against people with faith, (it would be like getting angry at my daughter for believing in fairy tales really), but I loath and despise religious institutions and their war mongering, money scamming, child molesting, wife abusing, prejudiced doctrines of hypocritical s**t.

I believe that the species needs to grow up and stop thinking the gods are angry at them whenever theirs a f*****g storm, flood or earthquake! Superstitious nonsense make people more controllable for the rich elite who watch over their flock as 'gods representitives on earth'. Utter drivel!

I'm glad you liked my atheist poem/song- thanks for the compliment. I'm no musician, but would dearly love to put a tune to it someday. I'm writing another at the moment that will be called 'Iconoclast' and I've got lots of 'heathen' s**t posted about the net too. Take care, spence