The Best Group To Get Reviews********************* : Forum : Simple Pleasures

Simple Pleasures

7 Years Ago

As I walk in the door and kick off my shoes, immediate relief falls upon me. I can now breathe. Truly breathe. And let the traumas and dramas of the day fade away. I work long hours as a nurse at Serenity hospital. Becoming a nurse was my dream as a child. Now that I'm older I realize that it was a fantasy that I didn't think through. It pays well and I can take care of my son Kevin without a struggle. I'm not happy though. I haven't been for a long time. Every damned day I'm surrounded by death, disease and sickness. Not to mention the drama and gossip that goes on between the Dr's and the Nurses and everyone in between. I have to tell myself everyday that I'm doing something that's going to make a difference in the world. Sure, helping people is great and good, but is this really the job for me? These thoughts crossed my mind everyday. The only thing that brings joy to my life is my baby Kevin. Everyday I can't wait for his warm hug and kiss when I got home. There's nothing like coming home after a long tiresome day to someone who runs to you with open arms. I looked at my watch as I took off my jacket and hung it up in the closet. "It's a quarter past four so Kevin should be home from school by now." I thought. His school was only three blocks away. He would walk home whenever I worked too late to pick him up. He was old enough now that he could be home alone for a few hours without me. As I moved about the house I could hear the tv in his room blaring from all the way upstairs. "Kevin?" I called out as I walked into the kitchen to prepare dinner. No answer. "Either that boy didn't hear me or he did and he's too caught up in that damn tv." I thought. I washed my hands and started on dinner. I decided to make Kevin's favorite, mashed potatoes with fried chicken and green beans. As the food cooked I set the timer and decided to have a glass of wine. Cheap white wine usually did the trick for me. Finally I sat down on the couch to relax for a bit and put my feet on the ottoman. Deep long breaths and a few sips of my wine put me in a deeply relaxing trance. I couldn't help but close my eyes for what I thought was a few seconds. Some time had passed and I jerked awake. My eyes immediately went to the kitchen. I ran to the stove and was relieved to see that the timer hadn't went off yet. The smell of food alone usually sent Kevin running to the kitchen asking "Is it done yet?" Not this time. I had been home for over an hour now and Kevin still hasn't taken his attention away from that tv long enough to greet his momma. "That's a first." I said aloud. The mashed potatoes and green beans were done and I had just taken the chicken out of the fryer. "Kevin!!!" I yelled louder this time. Still no answer. Kevin is a momma's boy. I raised him purposely that way. I spoil him rotten because he's an only child and also because my greatest fear is being old and alone with no one by my side when I die. I figure if I keep him happy and give him a good childhood with lots of love and affection he'll never forget about his moma when he grows up. Anything he wants he gets and I only ask for his love and affection in return. We spend a lot of time together he and I. We do whatever he wants on the weekends as long as his chores are done. If he wants to go to the zoo and the amusement park in one day then that's what we'll do. If he wants to do the amusement park, the zoo and the movies in one day we'll do that too. All the new toys and gadgets that all the kids want, he has. He showers me with adoration and affection whenever I surprise him with a new toy or video game. He still holds my hand when we walk together even though he's almost twelve. Eleven years raising this boy and he's always greeted me after work with a big hug and a kiss on the cheek, but he didn't do that today. So what is it that's got this boy ignoring me or better yet tuning out my voice ? I walked towards the stairs and made sure that I was careful with my steps. I tried my best to skip over the ones that creek and crack under pressure. As I approached the top step I could see Kevin's door on the left. It was closed and that's not unusual. I wasn't one of those parents that told my kid that all the doors had to be open and this is my house and I pay the bills and blah blah blah. Whenever his door was closed I never barged in or forced him to open the door. I allowed him to have his privacy. I always thought that kids should be treated as kids, but also respected as people. I inched closer to his door. The tv was loud but I couldn't make out what I was hearing. It sounded like a bunch of grunting. "One of his video games?" I thought. I heard Kevin grunting too. It was the sound of the grunt that alerted me. I got close enough to put my ear on the door. Kevin's grunting was low and deep. It was one of those grunts that came from the gut. It was steady and paced out. Every two or three seconds he'd grunt. I listened in a little more now focusing my attention on the tv this time. Still the same grunting and some heavy breathing too. Then I heard a different voice. It was a female voice. Her grunting sounded more like moans of pleasure. My heart jolted in my chest. She moaned seductively and intensely as I stood there in disbelief. Then I heard the woman say "Oh, s**t. Right there. Yes!" I could hear the escalation in her voice as she began to climax. I could also hear Kevin's moaning rising to meet hers. For the first time in all these years I decided to open Kevin's door without knocking. I turned the knob and held my breath at the same time not wanting to see what I knew was on the other side of that door. There he was. My baby boy. Standing at the foot of his bed. His head tilted back and his eyes closed. His navy blue uniform pants were around his ankles. His white collard shirt unbuttoned and stained with sweat. In his hand he stroked his prepubescent penis almost violently now as he spewed his fluids all over himself. I stood there in shock. Not wanting to watch, but not wanting to look away either. I had to accept what I was seeing. My baby boy wasn't a baby anymore. As his breathing returned to normal he lifted his head and opened his eyes. When he saw me he gasped and his eyes grew big as saucers. He turned his back to me in embarrassment and pulled up his pants. I didn't say anything at first. I didn't know what to say. Then finally I said "Kevin............wash your hands and come downstairs and eat." Written by: Charnell Hall

Re: Simple Pleasures

7 Years Ago

Compelling and suspenseful story with a juicy ending!!! You sure did grab my attention I was wondering if Keven was okay!!  How old is this boy? Ha ha ..

Good Work!