The Bipolar Raiders-Race For a Cure : Forum : Reading List

Reading List

12 Years Ago

Please enter your poems here for the reading list.I am not sure about the point system here yet but I will learn. We will work together. Like Denise said she is only one person and can't do it all but together there is nothing we can't accomplish. Thanks. 

Demons in my Head

12 Years Ago

Traveling along in my mind thinking I’m wasting my time Trapped within man- made walls ignoring them when they call.    These voices heard inside my brain make me feel like I’m insane Up and down emotions climb abusive memories fade with time.    A life I wish was make believe hoping there’s nothing left to see A struggle to live inside myself too afraid to ask for help.    This craziness makes me confused a life of hell I didn’t choose Hope someday things will change knowing that they’ll stay the same.    These demons caged inside my head make me feel I want to be dead So intense I can’t get away drives me crazy every day.   My release is to scream and shout while I’m trying to figure things out I’ll rid my toxins affecting my peace in hopes these voices finally cease.    WRITTEN BY: KYM ERICKSON UPDATED 1/18/11 UPDATED 2/3/11, 2/14/11, 2/20/11, 4/21/11, 5/17/11  

The Curse

12 Years Ago

Menacing is my Bipolar  like a yoyo on a ride Up and down around she goes there’s confusion deep inside.   Depression felt most of the time being manic not so much A chain wrapped around my head is unsafe and out of touch.   Chemically out of balance a dysfunction inside my brain  Every day seems so different no two days are the same.   Controls my every waking thought what am I suppose to do? This curse I’ve been blessed with constantly affects my moods.   Sometimes I want to kill myself or hide and go to sleep Withdraw myself from this world a cycle I repeat.   Feeling like I’m going insane  no balance here to find Thoughts provoke me out of control twisting my fragile mind.   Bipolar, is my mental illness it will always be by my side A survivor of hell’s furry       along for a turbulent ride.   WRITTEN BY: KYM ERICKSON 10/31/10, 4/26/11, 5/22/11  

Treasure Yourself

12 Years Ago

Keep believing in yourself as I believe in you There’s no turning back now you’re too close to the truth.   The end will bring you victory the truth will earn your crown Just sit there in your glory for it’s you, you will have found.   Be proud of who you have become have faith in all you do Control your life and destiny and places you’re going too.   So gather all your treasures and accept what you’ve been dealt That’s when you’ll see the beauty and the value of yourself.