The Book Club : Forum : First to say. . .

First to say. . .

12 Years Ago

Hello! I'm just a tad bit sad to see... NOTHING! What is going on here, people?

Well, to start off... My name's Ellie and like you, I'm a writer, but most importantly, I write books. Well, I try. Most times I get stuck and end up deleting a writing altogether, which is very dangerous, I know.

I'm thirteen, so that basically means I'm not perfect, really though, who is?, when it comes to writing. I enjoy a lot of romance, fantasy (the ones that don't involve so many worlds and weird histories that I can't keep track of), paranormal, anything that can capture my interest. I'm not so picky, as long it's written well enough for me to understand.

So! I was wondering for whoever decides to read and answer this, how do you keep your book going? Any tips and tricks you can share for a youngster like myself????

Re: First to say. . .

12 Years Ago

Well, i'm thirteen, too:P! i've been having similar problems. i think you just need to find a topic you really like and can do lot's of stuff with. but i'm no pro, thats just my opionion. :) good luck with your writing!

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by EmmaClaire
Well, i'm thirteen, too:P! i've been having similar problems. i think you just need to find a topic you really like and can do lot's of stuff with. but i'm no pro, thats just my opionion. :) good luck with your writing!

Awe, thanks! It good to hear feedback from anyone!

Yeah, it's kind of hard when there's so many things you can write about. . . Hmm, I'll just explore until I find my soulmate.... For writing... I mean...

12 Years Ago

Lookie here, Haha, I'm also thirteen!  When it comes to writing, I like a lot of real life things, like losing a family member who you love, romance, science fiction, but what I love most is reading/writing about a survivor of an apocalypse or something along those lines.  

Now, to answer your question, I used to, and in fact still have, that problem.  However, I managed to keep some books and novella's going by not drafting anything before I do it, I just think of one main goal, and then start it off like that.  Then while I write, more idea's just come to mind, side plots, you know.  It keeps it fresh, and it helps me to kind of stay along the lines of the book I'm writing.  One tip though, if you want to reassure yourself that the book makes sense, write the beginning first, then the climax, and then the resolution.  Just how I write books, it doesn't suit everyone, but it suits me perfectly.