The California Writers Group : Forum : greetings

greetings

17 Years Ago

Thanks for joining this thing. Maybe we can start by introducing ourselves?

My name is Tom Morgan. I publish as T. Andrew Morgan because there are millions of Tom Morgans out there.

I'm close to signing with a literary agency in NY, having spent the past year working on my novel, Dryline Rhapsody.

This site is a great networking resource, and I certainly hope to make new friends. here.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Hi, my name is Mishel Reyes and I'm working on a story called Eve...hope to one day get published; got published under poetry.com but now I want a novel under my belt. I have an autobiography I'm working on also and hope to get published....:)~

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Is Eve a novel? Short story? Novella? is it set in California? Dryline Rhapsody is set here, more or less; part two takes place back east. It took 9 months to complete--ouch! But it was worth every damn page!

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

::biggrin:: hi T, yep, a novel, so far 12 chapters. ::tongue::
Set in Los Angeles, California...
I bet,

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

That last part got cut of... Is this the first draft?

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Yes, first draft, experimenting with it; its a romance-sciencefiction LOL
Yeah, science fiction...
Did I not say congratulations!
congrats on getting published.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Thanks! Romantic sci-fi? Sounds intriguing! My first novel manuscript was something along those lines (though certainly not as good as what you're working on, I'm sure!). It was very liberating to write in that genre. I admit that I haven't since, but I'm kicking around some ideas...

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Awesome, I mostly want to write horror though. I really have lots of ideas too, but I want to finish this project first. ::tongue::

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Keep writing. The horror market is as hot as ever. But don't limit yourself. I find it very liberating to work on multiple projects; that way I don't get bored.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

::cool:: cool, ::tongue::

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I am currently working on a novel which is based in California. I plan to make a series out of my idea which surrounds a boy who had been abused and suffers psychological damage.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Welcome! I'm a big believer in what Californai fiction could be. I've written my California novel--a first of many, I hope--which is currently under considersation at a handful of literary agencies back east.

Keep writing!

TM

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Very cool man! Congrats and I hope to see your novel in stores soon. . .most likely at a Target what with us being Californians and all ;)

I'm from the East Bay. I only say this because I don't remember if we were all still introducing ourselves or not.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Introduce away, man! Welcome. What're you working on these days?

Re: book at Target. I'm not picky, so long as it flies off the shelves! The trick is to sell this one so I can sell another.

TM

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

hey you guys :)
My names Mariah and I guess you could say im a young writer. I live in Cali and will probably never leave the state cause i love it so much ^.^

Also congrats on the book! I'm still trying to finish rewriting mine on here so far im on the 2nd chapter our of 26 (each maybe 2-4 pages long) and thats just the first book, I've already moved on to thoughts a sequal and have gotten to chapter 17 hoping to end near 20 also.

:D

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Welcome! And I'm glad to hear you're diligent about your writing! It's a labor of love but totally worth it. Indeed, I sometimes say I write so I can participate in the human race! Or maybe it's for other reasons not so complicated...

Keep writing!

T.A.M.