The Coffee Club : Forum : Bad Advice

[reply] [quote]

Bad Advice

12 Years Ago

Anyone receive any bad writing advice?  Years ago, I was in another online writer's workshop. I wrote a story about an assassin hired by the church to kill bad men throughout the world. One criticism was that it was simply not believable that a "Prince of the Church" would ever do that, talking of one of my main characters who was a Cardinal. I went back through and re-wrote the whole book. I made the Cardinal a former priest turned world reknown motivational speaker and religious activist... couple of years later DaVinci Code came out... Main characters including a Cardinal and his assassin....
[reply] [quote]

Re: Bad Advice

12 Years Ago

I believe that we must take critiques as constructive criticism, and that is all.  If I find that advice is useful enough to prompt a change, I will do so.  Otherwise, I keep my stories the way they are.  I usually try to process the reviews I get and see what I can learn from them, or how I can utilise them.  At the end of the day, it is my story.  I have been blessed on this site to get a lot of good, honest criticism and advice:)