The Downward Spiral : Forum : Decency

[reply] [quote]

Decency

16 Years Ago

Where has it all gone? Tell what you think about a mom who doesn't want to tell her kids she is now a lesbian and wants to leave their dad. They have been married for 22 years. Dad told us. Mom won't. And now I have to do all the work around the house just so Mom doesn't get stressed. What ever happened to fairness and decency and honesty???
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Brooke
Where has it all gone? Tell what you think about a mom who doesn't want to tell her kids she is now a lesbian and wants to leave their dad. They have been married for 22 years. Dad told us. Mom won't. And now I have to do all the work around the house just so Mom doesn't get stressed. What ever happened to fairness and decency and honesty???

What is this "fairness", "decency" and "honesty" of which you speak?

... and do they come with sprinkles?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

if you ever see anything like decency, embrace it. As for your situation, I'm a father of two girls who's mother is a lesbian now. It's now an easy world to grow up in anymore and you have to keep a hold of what's important. Life is fucked, deny that and you are doomed.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Noah Stevenson
[quote=Brooke]Where has it all gone? Tell what you think about a mom who doesn't want to tell her kids she is now a lesbian and wants to leave their dad. They have been married for 22 years. Dad told us. Mom won't. And now I have to do all the work around the house just so Mom doesn't get stressed. What ever happened to fairness and decency and honesty???

What is this "fairness", "decency" and "honesty" of which you speak?

... and do they come with sprinkles?[/quote]

What is happening is my brother is going out until four in the morning, started chewing tobacco, and is very mad about what is happening. I am most mad because my mom and I were the only ones home for a week because my brother and my dad has gone out of town. My mom sat there and watched me not eat and lose weight and if I ever tried to I would get sick. And she never did a thing. She never asked me what was wrong. And she left me alone- more than usual. She would sit there and watch me work my a*s off cleaning the garage for two days for my Dad for Father's day. All because she ruined mine and my brothers gift- a signed throwback jersey of Mike Alstott's. She didn't like the Jersey and she went and got a cheap one and framed it. Then she did not even want to plan anything for father's day. So I did- I planned a picnic at the beach. She does not want to be honest with us and tell my brother and I the truth. She does not even know we know. And she doesn't plan on telling us any time soon. She is watching my dad and I work on the house all hours of the night- just so that she is happy and she still thinks we aren't doing enough. If she would have sat us down and talked to us I would not be this mad but as of now I have made my decision on who I am going to live with if my parents get a divorce, my dad and my brother. Because I am tired of being lied to and used. It is summer and I haven't hung out with my friends since the beginning of June. Because I am too busy working just so she doesn't have to do a thing and so she will stay with my dad. Because I know that is what he wants.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

... and this is what I get for trying to lighten the mood.

I am so sorry for your s****y situation (no, I am NOT being sarcastic). I know what it's like to kill yourself for a parent (or both, in my situation) and no matter how much you do, it's never enough. I hate to tell you, but it will NEVER be enough. Some people are just that way. It sucks and that's life. I wouldn't wish your situation on anyone. I can only hope that your friends are sympathetic to your situation.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Nicely put Noah. Couldn't of said it better myself.