The Dragon Riders : Forum : The Ruins

The Ruins

9 Years Ago

All of your dragons have trained you since you were children. Now you are older and are very powerful. Most of you don't know about the Kingdom of Ailican and are curious to know what's in the world  beyond. One day when you're out and about, a portal appears in front of you. You step through it from curiosity and find yourself in an Ancient Forest. This is where you will start running into other Dragon Riders.

Re: The Ruins

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: I was out collecting herbs as the sun shone down on me. Fairies dances all around the meadow, laughing and twirling. I joined them in their dance and spun right into the forest. I looked around and couldn't see the fairies anymore, or the meadow. I formed a light orb and walked into the forest. How did I get in here? I saw a dim glow in the distance and walked towards it. I gasped as the blue light flashed and their was a huge door in front of me. It opened slowly and cast a blue shadow over everything. I reached out and moved my hand through the water-like substance. I felt a sudden pull and I went through the doors.

9 Years Ago

Adrian: As I continue the Daily routine I notice something strange with one of the buddha statues and stop reciting the mantra. This buddha held a mirror the size of a person. Ment to force the monk to look into himself and reflect on his life. The mirror glowed with a strange energy. Strygius crawls into my shadow and I walk through the mirror leaving what had been my home for many years. I find myself in the middle of a forest. " Strygius keep an eye out... just in case."  I walk away slowly from the portal and look around, Curious about the place I was brought to.

9 Years Ago

Rood: I stand in front of a portal and whistle out loud: "Damn, that's some high end stuff, I want to learn that." "You probably could of you found someone who knows the ways," Brisingr responded and I nodded before saying: "Wanna go through? Risk some adventure?" "Sure, let's do it," Brisingr replied before we walked through, the portal becoming bigger for him to fit through as well.

9 Years Ago

Adalric: I sigh as Carissa plays around "Sit still, youngling." I scold "What's the fun in that?" She asks, then looks around me "What's that?" Before I can stop her she goes around me to what I recognize as a portal "Carissa don't-" she goes through and I sigh "go through there." I go through the portal grumbling about difficult children, one in particular.

9 Years Ago

Einasze: Coat'l Attor launches another ball of lightning at a small squadron of goblinoids, breathing heavily as Kasumi and I run along the twisting cart path through the plains. We dodge several of their bolts from their heavy crossbows as Coat'l's lightning ball shatters amongst the pursuing filthy goblinoids and their screeches and cries of pain echo across the landscape.

"Run, Kasumi! Run! Don't look back!" I scream. My left arm dangles uselessly by my side, a bolt puncturing the shoulder and piercing it's fiery way through my back. Kasumi turns, skidding to a halt, and easily takes down five of the creatures before turning and racing after Coat'l and I. We follow the trail through a small split-hill and massive boulders begin to descend on us, crushing into the ground with thunderous impact.

Kasumi races ahead of me, cleaving the heads from two worgs and knocking their riders into the hard soil, lancing them through the heart with her katana. I bring my great sword to bear against a particularly large goblinoid, but it is quickly knocked from my hand. I draw my great axe and screech like a banshee, rushing it madly. A ball of electricity thunders into the beasts' back, and the stench of burnt flesh fills my nostrils. I nod to the dragon, then sadness enters my heart. Three arrows and half a dozen bolts have pierced his left wing, two of which are embedded within his shoulder and he is bleeding profusely.

Kasumi runs back to us, grabs my good hand and tugs hard, leading us further down the trail as the screams of the goblinoids chasing us begin to fill our ears. "What is it? What's wrong?" I breathe, leaning over with my hands on my knees as I suck in huge mouthfuls of air. She tugs harder, searching my liquid golden eyes with her bright emerald ones and points ahead of us, plunging the blade of one katana into the soil, then charges forward, ripping it from the dirt. I follow the girl as best I can with Coat'l bringing up the rear, trying to fry as many of the goblinoids as he can. We make it through the hills and in front of us is a glowing disc of crackling energy. Without even thinking, Kasumi races through it. I glance at Coat'l, unsure of what to do.

"It can't be any worse than here, Ein!" he says my nickname as he shoves me forward and enters the portal himself. We emerge into a massive green forest and a sense of calm washes over us almost immediately. Breathing hard, I turn to Coat'l Attor and examine his injuries. Kasumi glances around nervously, then points the blade of one katana at a young woman with red hair and bright green eyes, watching her carefully and keeps another eye on a large dragon with glittering green scales. I swallow hard and, leaning against Coat'l Attor's ribs, I say,

"Will you...help...us...?" before darkness closes over my eyes and I feel myself collapse into the soft soil of the forest floor.

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: I glance around and call for Ethereal and she appears in front of me. " Child! What are you doing here?" She asks. I sigh and shake my head. " This blue glowing door appeared, before I knew it I was pulled through." I tell her. Ethereal looks around and nods. " So, it's begun..." She whispers. I hardly heard her, and it sounded like she didn't want me to hear. So I ignore it. " Let's walk child." She pushes me towards the forest. Ethereal shrinks into pocket size and sits on my shoulder as we walk through the forest. I gasp in shock when I see an injured girl laying on the ground.

9 Years Ago

Adrian: I watch the strange dragon human carefully as it falls to the ground. Her companions notice me and approach. " Strygius stay hidden for now." I tell him as the dragon intoduces itself. Strygius whispers in my ear the sins it has committed. I ignore him for the moment and when the Dragon asks if I can heal his rider I say I can and walk over. Wary of the silent girl I begin my chant and the dragon.....girl begins to glow, her wounds healed.

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: When I see a man I jump into the trees and put up a ward so he cannot see me.

9 Years Ago

Rood: I walk through the portal and see dragons, an injured girl and a man, as well as an invisibility ward. I look around and smile but Brisingr looks pissed off.

9 Years Ago

Adrian: After I finish healing the girl they thank me. I smile, and say your welcome then quickly try to get away from them. Once I'm alone Strygius crawls out of my shadow. " So what you said was try." I tell him. He smiles and taunts on how I didn't believe him. " Yeah well you have to admit it was pretty far fetched....... Anyway what do you think? can you eat them?" I ask. Strygius nods ' I can, but it will take some time and the right moment."

9 Years Ago

Rood: I was still hidden, and no one noticed me, not even the man who was talking to his dragon. Brisingr had changed his form to a smaller one to hide, and I had put on my trademark black cloak of darkness. I was confused at the mans words though, eat them? What did he mean?

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: I looked down and saw another man hiding in the leaves.  Who were these people? Were they humans?

9 Years Ago

Rood: Cloaks and daggers time was over and I walked towards the invisibility ward, looking right at it and saying: "Don't worry, I won't harm you. You can reveal yourself, and you have got to teach me how to do that, it seems so handy."

9 Years Ago

Adrian: I nod, " That's true the right moment is crucial. What do you propose?" 

Strygius: I think for a moment. " I would be able to eat them if they were injured, but as we are now we can't risk attacking them all at once. Play along and take them out one by one until a better plan presents itself."

Adrian: I nod, " If it's sin you wish to eat I can tell you'll get your fill from this lot." I say as Strygius melts back into my shadow.

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: I look at the man without surprise. My invisible wards were still weak outside of my homeland. " What type of magic are you? Assuming you are not mortal if you can walk through my shield." I say

9 Years Ago

Rood: "Sorry to disappoint but I'm quite mortal, I just have wizard eyes. Meaning I can see wards and magic flow. Your ward stands out and I saw it once, just can't cast it myself sadly."

9 Years Ago

Celeste Angelica: I laugh and look back at the other man.  " You are no mere mortal sir."

9 Years Ago

Adrian: *I look at two other dragon riders....... When did they get there? Well screw they probably know what I'm up to by now.* I think to myself as I walk towards them. " You know it's impolite to eavesdrop right?"

9 Years Ago

Rood: I hear the man and say: "Well, I heard you an your plans but she didn't so... Anyway, returning back to topic, why am I not a mere mortal?"

First Page first
Previous Page prev