The Kimmy Group : Forum : A New Idea

[reply] [quote]

A New Idea

12 Years Ago

I know we didn’t get many places with the first plot/story idea, but I was (not) sleeping last night, and another idea dawned on me, that would sort of tie in all of our writing styles, without much real effort. :3   

Time Period: Middle Ages; Possibly Some Technology   

Main Character(s):   

-  Akiya (even if it’s the only one I get to name, I want to keep hers) 
  A hunter’s daughter, living under the rule of Kizaemon’s father (King) in a very impoverished area of town, Akiya is a bit of a peace-seeker. She despises the King’s entire way of living (lavish and flagrant) but she doesn’t wish ill on him (unlike the majority of the people).    

-  Kizaemon
A prince only by blood, Kizaemon is entirely clueless on how to run a kingdom properly. He’s never set foot on the soil outside of the royal courtyard, and has only a few times floated above the ground on the shoulders of his ever-so(not)-loyal servants. Kizaemon is in line for the crown, when his father falls ill, and the town is ready to overthrow them by any means.   

-  Crimson (def. need to change her name, but same personality) 
  The rebel’s daughter, or, the daughter rebel, Crimson is not one to be trifled with. She’s Akiya’s old friend, and the new enemy of the state. If Crimson gets her way, she’ll be crowned princess. Her father, a very important scholar, is the leader of the rebellion.  
-   Amirah 
  Crimson’s younger sister, Amirah, is a very timid girl, from the outside. She has dreams of getting out of Dodge (figuratively) and making something out of herself. She wants to be a huntress, practicing by candle light when her family slumbers. Amirah is against the rebellion, only because she knows her father and sister will make horrible rulers.   

The Dilemma:   It’s a race for the throne. With the rebellion nearly boiling over, it’s only a matter of time before someone gets crowned. Kizaemon is in danger of death, Crimson is in the running for princess, Akiya tries to remain neutral, and Amirah keeps her eye on her targets. They’ll either have to work together, or be pitted against each either. There are sides, and everyone has to choose one.

---

It's a really basic idea, but I think we could spin it so that it doesn't get boring for anyone. Romance, action, drama, etc.
Let me know what you think. ^_^
[reply] [quote]

Re: A New Idea

12 Years Ago

At this point I'm open for any idea. I'm not a Middle-Ages type person but I wouldn't mind working on this. I think we should go for it. Time is ticking :)
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

I'm okay and comfortable with the middle-ages thing and in fact can offer quite a bit of help. Question though... are we going to do one that features a quest and an epic battle at the end or something else... possible more unique?

Also, can't help but see the similarity between the name for Amirah and Amrah... just sayin' xD
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

<< She was the inspiration for the character, actually. They both mean the same thing, it's just an added 'i' to make it not-so-entirely-obvious.

I was thinking that possibly a more unique ending, maybe someone dies who totally wasn't supposed to; or a cliffhanger, nobody said we had to finish it, after all.