The New Generation Writing Society : Forum : The old and new.

[reply] [quote]

The old and new.

14 Years Ago

Dear forum,
Hello and welcome! First let me start by introducing myself. My name is Thomas Pynk, founder of the writers cafe branch of The New Generation Writing Society. I am a strong believer of the freedom of speech, and i exercise that right daily. I give lectures on a regular basis, and am in the process of setting up a underground radio station.
Now that you know some stuff about me, i would like to know some information about you! 
Who is your favorite poet/author?
What is your favorite book?
What famous figure are you most like?
Please if you have any more feel free to share, i thought this thread would be a good way for the old and the new to mingle and share ideas!
With All Due Respect,
Thomas Pynk
[reply] [quote]

Re: The old and new.

14 Years Ago

There are many different books and authors that I enjoy reading, but my all time favorite is Robert E. Heinlein and his book Farmer in the Sky.  Mainly because that was my start of the true enjoyment of reading.  I read it in third grade, a group of us had excellerated past the school texts and so the teacher went and purchased the book for us to read.  I love to read, and that developed into a love of writing.  As far as a famous person I compare myself to, I don't know that there is such a person.  I am not a glory hound, but I am honest and outspoken.  My general practice is tell people that they shouldn't ask unless they really want to know.  I never try to be rude but I am honest about things and would prefer people are that way with me.  I don't want people to flower me with,' what a great story'; I want to know how to make it better.  It doesn't mean that the advice given or recieved will make the change happen, but sometimes it makes you look at it from a different angle and that always helps.
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Het thomas! Well my favorite author is Peter David, He wrote the Novel of the incredible hulk (the most recent one) and which is my favorite book, well i dont really have a "famous figure" but if i did it would probably be my teacher because i exclude bad language (cursing) And pretty much try todo my best in school,  James Fisher
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Me i like allot of authors i prefer one that expand the mind and make you think. my favorite so far would have to be aldous huxley and for favortie book i really enjoy allot but his book the doors of perception is a real mind tinker.  As for famous character i would have to be a musician but for which i couldnt say. I see myself as a famous musician one day i play guitar like a mad man its my drugs its my air its my way of life it is truley my calling. i have some weird connection with jimi hendrix also he is always been my idol and ive come to convince myself i could be him reincarnated for in his music it sings how i am in life and i feel so connected to it plus i see me playing his songs whenever i hear his words his music its truely a masterpeice. call me crazy i dont care but know one day ill be on stage playing my own star spangled banner with my teeth.
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Hm.. I suppose you could say I'm the suffer-in-silence-type, a given if you've read some of my earlier poetry. I admire Edgar Allan Poe, and hope some day to be half as good a writer as he is. He is so obviously human it's hard not to admire him and his work. My favorite book is Generica, something I strongly suggest all of you read, and it is by Will Ferguson. It is the story of Edwin de Valu and a little curse called bliss. I suppose the audience who would most appreciate this book is the more pessimistic type, and mature audiences I suppose. I love to debate, and I love puzzles, though I do avoid conflict, or in the words of one of my closest friends, I am extremely passive. I am the oldest of five children, divorced parents, both parents remarried, moved more times than I can count off the top of my head, and I fear more things than... Well, in all honesty, more things than they have scientific names for. I over-analyze everything, and I am the best at the psychology game, as far as anyone I know at least. That is me, Antonia Gabrielle.