The OG Reviewers : Forum : Call for Entries

Call for Entries

16 Years Ago

Hi, Gang. I just got this e-mail and thought I'd share it in case any of you are interested.

Belle

Calling All Children's Book Publishers - Entries now being accepted into the 2007 Moonbeam Children's Book Awards www.moonbeamawards.com.

This is the first call to enter your 2006/2007 releases in the first annual Moonbeam Children's Book Awards, designed to honor the year's best children�s books, authors and illustrators. The new book awards program will accept entries until August 1st, 2007 for books with 2006 or 2007 copyrights or that were released in 2006 or 2007. The new contest is presented by Jenkins Group and their book marketing webzine, Independent Publisher Online, sponsors of the popular Independent Publisher Book Awards.

Complete entry guidelines and secure online entry form at:

The Moonbeam Children�s Book Awards are intended to bring increased recognition to exemplary children�s books and their creators, and to support childhood literacy and life-long reading. The new awards program will recognize books in a wide range of children�s publishing categories, from board books and alphabets books to young adult novels and multicultural non-fiction. The Moonbeam Awards will also recognize excellence in specialty categories like Religion, Holiday, Interactive, and Audiobook, and give special awards to Best First-time Author and Best Children�s Book Illustrator.

25 Awards Categories will include:

1. Board Book
2. Alphabet/Counting Book
3. Pop-up/Cut-out
4. Activity Book - Toddler
5. Activity Book � Young Reader
6. Book with Music
7. Audio Book
8. Picture Book 2-5 Year Old
9. Picture Book 4-7 Year Old
10. Picture Book 6-9 Year Old
11. Picture Book 10+ Year Old
12. Juvenile Fiction (10 & under)
13. Pre-Teen Fiction
14. Young Adult Fiction
15. Young Adult � Mature Issues
16. Multicultural Fiction
17. Multicultural Non-Fiction
18. Children�s Non-Fiction
19. Young Adult Non-Fiction
20. Comic/Graphic Novel
21. Religion
22. Holiday
23. Book with Merchandise (plush toy, etc.) 24. Best First Book 25. Best Illustrator

�This children�s book awards contest will go much deeper than any other,� says Jim Barnes, Awards Director at Jenkins Group. �We�ve learned by judging children�s books for 11 years in the Independent Publisher Book Awards that it�s not fair to judge an alphabet book against a sophisticated book of verse. One of our goals with the Moonbeam Awards is to create a list of categories that allows us to judge the many styles of children�s books being published today."

The Moonbeam Awards will recognize a very diverse group of authors and publishers, and �illuminate� hidden gems that don�t make it onto the national radar screen. These will surely include books from publishers of all sizes, from one-book authors to the New York powerhouses. We intend to bring a great list of award-winners to the public�s attention.

Visit the Moonbeam Children's Book Award website to learn more and enter online www.moonbeamawards.com.

Complete entry guidelines and secure online entry form at:

Let me know if I can answer any questions or help in any way. Email or call me 1-800-644-0133 x1011

Thanks and Best of Luck!

Jim Barnes, Awards Director
Moonbeam Children's Book Awards
Independent Publisher Book Awards
Jenkins Group Inc.
800.644.0133 x1011
[email protected]