The Smell Of A Book -- The Movement Of A Pen : Forum : Making longer sentences!~

[reply] [quote]

Making longer sentences!~

8 Years Ago

My English 2 teacher taught me how to shorten my sentences so I dont uuse too many periods and less thougtht into my writing. For an example:We pratice by putting sentences togetherThere was a herd.A herd of sheeps.The sheeps were white.There was a wolf.He was looking.Looking from a distance.At the sheep. There was a herd of white sheep and from the distance a wolf speculated the sheep. We would then take a paragraph and expand into these sentences so we can tell how to form them later: We hold hands rough with dirt as we walk back to the Agloe General Store. I help Margo carry her belongings—an armful of clothes, her toiletries, and the desk chair—to her car. The preciousness of the moment, which should make it easier to talk, makes it harder. (Paper Towns by John Green) They hold hands.Their hands were rough.They were rough with dirt.They walked back.back to the Agloe General Store.He helped Margo carry something.He carried her belongings.Her belongings was clothesHer belongings were toiletries.Her belongings was a desk chair.He carried them to her car.The moment was something.It was precious.it should make it easier.easier to talk. But it was hard. We were then given back our essays we wrote and we had to take 10 sentences and shorten them down to 7 or less. of course since my sentences fit together already (I had, front and back, a page of just 10 sentences) but i was able to shorten them down to 6 sentences and they still made sense.