The Spiritual Woman : Forum : What books inspire you?

[reply] [quote]

What books inspire you?

14 Years Ago

I am just curious... what books have most inspired or influenced you on your own spiritual path or journey? Are there any you would recommend to others?
[reply] [quote]

Re: What books inspire you?

14 Years Ago

When I was at my darkest I stumbled upon a copy of "A Woman's Worth", by Marianne Williamson. An absolute must read for all women. I have given all four of my daughters a copy. My copy is highlighted and dog eared, but it is a book I simply treasure.
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

I also love Ms. Williamson's work. I am an avid reader, and have amassed a wonderful colelction of writing that touches the heart and soul.   I keep a copy of Kahlil Gibran's "The Prophet" on the nightstand as my go-to book for matters of the heart. For perspective, I absolutely loved Elizabeth Kubler-Ross's "What the Dying have to Teach the Living". Ken Wilber's, "A Brief History of Everything" opened my eyes to new ways to be think about spirituality. Tom Brown and Brooke Medicine Eagle were very influential at other points in my life. Finally, I took great solace in Deepak Chopra's "Path to Love" as possibly the ebst book ever written about that topic.   I would recommend these to anyone.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LJW
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

For me, the most spiritual books are the ones that make little or no mention of God but rather outline man's triumph over adversity and the lessons learned along the way.   The Plague by Albert Camus, Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl, Night by Elie Wiesel, are a few of my favorites.   The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran was one of the first books I ever bought for myself after reading a copy at my grandparent's house.  I give this book, with a bookmark inserted in the section "On Marriage" as a wedding gift.  I consider Gibran to be one of the most profound writers of all time.
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Now, don't think i'm crazy, but the most influencial book I've read to help my faith is:
The Bible! i know, that sounds to churchish, but it's true. Especially the books of Ester. Seeing a Woman come from nothing to an amazing queen who risked her life for her people. Also, try The Mark of the Lion series. They are amazing. Written by Francine Rivers