The Spiritual Woman : Forum : What does sisterhood mean to m..

[reply] [quote]

What does sisterhood mean to me?

10 Years Ago

Dear SWG members: "What does sisterhood mean to me?" This is an invitation to join voices in a collaboration on universal sisterhood. Young, old, Black, White, Native- it does not matter. As women, as women connected in spirit, we have the ability to reach out to each other. Many of us have reached out, or bene reached out to. The idea for this was this morning's brainchild between two active SWG members. Here are the words of the other: "There is something stirring. Do you hear it? We can call it Muse. Or burgeoning community consciousness. So often I sing to you; but I might forget the tune when Night lasts too long. Let's sing together: combine our voices in the interest of voice and light and sisterhood. A joyful noise about surviving the storms of life and flying free after the struggles. Let's write about giving each other permission tyo have a voice, validating truth even when the words only come out in whispers. We are woman, hear us roar and purr and BE. We are all part of the larger One. Asking for 4-6 lines from everyone that would like to contribute." So, that is it. I would to give everyone a month to submit 4-6 lines, any form or style, and then we will feature everyone's words in one work for sharing on SWG. This is for women only right now- anyone who identifies as a girl or woman in your circle is free to participate. We want to make a quilt of experiences and thoughts on sisterhood to share. Please spread the idea in your circle to women not in the SWG, and perhaps not even on site. If you are, or your words are from, a young writer, please indicate that... as I would like to give special attention to our youngest voices. Send your lines here, and we will collect them. Please feel free to ask questions.
[reply] [quote]

Re: What does sisterhood mean to me?

10 Years Ago

Against the oddsI have survivedWhere systemic violence isUsed upon womenLike myselfWhile others have died.
[reply] [quote]

Re: What does sisterhood mean to me?

10 Years Ago

from Emma, a former member:  Just as a great many women would nurture when and wherever they are or can, there are others that need to give power to something else: the indomintable inner urge of liquid reason that would flow one human being to another. We're thought of as carers with gentle spirits and soft hands, but, we're more, far more. We're the making of rules with reason and civility, the gatherers of wisdom aimed at peace and empathy. We are WOMAN she  who came from firm rib to become gentle heart.