The Weird Room : Forum : Recommend a read

Recommend a read

13 Years Ago

Hi everyone,  

this group's a bit quiet so I thought I'd try to liven us up. Has anyone read any paranormal books/poems/accounts/etc. that they'd like to recommend?
    If you like Jeremy Clarkson’s writing and sense of humour, I recommend The Gates by John Connolly. It’s about a boy and his dog who find out that their neighbours have been possessed by demons from another dimension that have come to earth to prepare the way for the head demon Ba’al. No one believes them at first, so Samuel (the boy), Boswell (his dog), and Nurd (an unlucky demon who’s been banished from his dimension) team up to try to stop the demons.     I’ve also just finished Nearly Departed by Rook Hastings. Set in modern day England, it’s about a motley crew of students that get grouped together for a homework assignment and end up performing a paranormal investigation on one of the group member’s house. It’s just a bit of fun at first, and most of the group are sceptics, but after one too many unexplained occurrences, everyone reluctantly accepts that there’s something strange going on in their town.